Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stock car wheels/tires

Last weekend at the NNL East a vendor was selling some awesome looking stock car wheels and tires. I forgot to pick up one of his cards and did not see the company name. He was in the room that the "cafeteria" was in, over by the windows. If anyone out there knows who I am asking about, please give me some info. I appreciate it.

Dave

Thanks. He had some wheel/tire sets painted on display but I didn't ask if he sold them like that. I have an AMT '37 Chevy stock car to do and was wondering if there were other wheels and tires available. I'll check out that site. Have you used any of his products?

I got some of his wheels and tires for a late 50's build I am working on. Nice stuff. No flash on the wheels and wheel backs with the parts I got. The parts look as good as styrene to me. The tires are also extremely nice with very small mold marks where the resin was injected into the mold. Decals are included for the tire markings. Nice crisp detail on everything. I dont know if he sells anything pre painted or not, I didnt ask.

Having seen the examples of his stuff first hand, you will not be disappointed with the quality.

I got some of his wheels and tires for a late 50's build I am working on. Nice stuff. No flash on the wheels and wheel backs with the parts I got. The parts look as good as styrene to me. The tires are also extremely nice with very small mold marks where the resin was injected into the mold. Decals are included for the tire markings. Nice crisp detail on everything. I dont know if he sells anything pre painted or not, I didnt ask.

Having seen the examples of his stuff first hand, you will not be disappointed with the quality.

The Plastic Performance Products wheel are styrene and not resin like most aftermarket wheels. They are nice pieces for the older short track and nascar replicas.