Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hart's Parts Resin

That's Vauhn Harts outfit. He does ALOT of Mopar stuff. I've purchased 70 Duster bench seat, a 71 Charger super b conversion kit, 71 Challenger conversion kit, and a few other things. I think his stuff is pretty good. Fair prices too. Hth. ;)

I have had good luck with his parts.

While the 71 conversion is not perfect I was happy with how it turned out and am using it for another project.

Sure is more affordable then some other options.

IMG_7447-1.jpg

IMG_7438.jpg

Edited by caine440

I have to admit, that looks pretty good.

I have the grille and tail conv set. and to me the grille just looks to shallow.

I want to do several 71 challenger pro stocks and I'm not having much luck coming up with any original MPC builders.

I have an extra mpc 1970 and several 72-74 builders I can use for parts. so I am going to try a Modelhause body and see what it gets me

http://www.modelhaus.com/index.php?c=4082&p=67632

Here it is just stuck in a body.

Don't get me wrong, considering the options this might be a viable alternative for some. And I may use it yet.

But, I myself would rather pay more for better quality and/or for a full body already done

Edited by gtx6970

I agree it does look a little off next to a MPC based body.

IMG_7334.jpg

IMG_7336.jpg

Build one up and see what you think of the finished deal.

I am using a lindberg body on the next one instead of the AMT.

This one is from Reliable resin.

Edited by caine440

It's hit and miss with his stuff, I have some really nice pieces from him, and got some bad ones too. Best piece so far was a set of hideaway headlight grilles for a '71-'74 Charger, worst was a '68 Satellite hood. Look closely at what you want from his selection, and ask around to see if anyone has used that piece, that's the best advice I can give you.

• 2 weeks later...

The thing which worries me a bit is that none of the products' pics on their site can be viewed as a larger image . I'm quite tempted by that 1971 Duster bench seat (master is a modified version of the kit's rear seat , perhaps ?) , but am also apprehensive .

Good subject matter ; would like to see some of their other parts applied to their respective kits (the '71 Challenger conversion looks decent , albeit a little "flat" in opposition to the MPC or the 1:1).

Does any-one have pics of , say , the '71 340 Duster with the Hart's Parts' bench seat ?

hope so.. I just ordered 2 hoods and 3 dashes from him, earlier today...

fyi.. the OTHER place (NOT Missing Link, a different resin caster) that I bought from on ebay, the same hoods in December and never got.... sent me a refund today, after I asked the status... so we are all good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I got a 69 Johan Roadrunner hood from Smallblockdodge a couple of years ago and it was so bad He sent me another one and itwasn't anybetter... I just gave up on the parts... they are less than workable ... The hood had a real thick bar across the underside of it... I am assuming he did that so the part would stay somewhat straight... Trust me it didn't works and trying to get the thick bar off and make it look good was a waste of my time...

Edited by Elliot949

• 3 months later...

i ordered some parts from him and so far i have nothing to show for it, i ordered and paid for my parts on april 22nd, i was told on May 16th that they were shipped on May 14th and i should receive them on May 18th, i have sent 2 emails to seller, both of which have been met with NO reply at all. its now May 24th and i still have nothing