Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished .... Lindberg Custom Deuce pickup

SteveG

..... built in the spirit of the early box art. No high tech turned alluminum, white metal, photo etch, carbon fiber, urethane painted, resin cast parts on this baby. Just the 55 parts from the kit, paint and a sliver of chrome foil. Actually, I only used a total of 52 parts and I swapped out the rubber tires from the 34 roadster pickup to be honest but you get the idea.

Picture029-vi.jpg

Picture030-vi.jpg

Picture032-vi.jpg

Picture035-vi.jpg

Picture037-vi.jpg

Picture039-vi.jpg

Not my usual build but lots of fun. I hope you like it !

-Steve

Very nice build. I love seeing oldies built like this!!!!No "high-tech,p/E,resin ######, but pure styrene, some glue and paint. Below is my take on the same subject.

f5859820.jpg

That's very nice work !!! What's the grille shell from? Reminds me of the Ala Kart. It looks like you added a flat head too.

-Steve

That's very nice work !!! What's the grille shell from? Reminds me of the Ala Kart. It looks like you added a flat head too.

-Steve

The grille-shell is actually a 1/32-piece from an old Aurora '32 Hot Rod but I think it works pretty well on this one as well! And Yes, I did swap the engine.

i have been eyeing the remaining lindberg kits at the LHS and i might snap them up now. i'd built the 32 roadster pickup many years ago and was very happy with it; not being as nit-picky as i am now. but nit-picky and me don't get along anymore due to bad eyesight and beginnings of arthritis, so back to simple stuff from time to time!

i like both the builds shown immensely; they could have been the same car under construction at different times in the owner's life.

• 4 weeks later...

I built one of those in the early 60's, probably when it was first released. At that time it had almost zero undercarriage detail (I don't know how much it has now) but it came with a little electric motor, a set of plastic gears that would wear out in a day or two if you really used them and you put two AA batteries in the bed to power the whole thing. It was the first time I ever thought about a kitbash. It looked like the AMT '32 Ford running gear would drop right in but I never tried it.