Model Cars Magazine Forum

Been busy the last week on this project. Using a KW aerodyne and KW 123 kits I trying to build the Mama Truck. Also my first attempt at building a day cab. Deck built from styrene. But here are a few pics of whats been going on so far.

May2014006.jpg

May2014007.jpg

Edited by alangarber

I am liking it, I am a firm believer you need to start casting your own "Bandag " tires.

Nice job shortening the cab. I have picked up a couple coe kits to make day cabs and single axles out of. (someday)

Thanks guys

I wish I could cast my own tires.

Here is another update. Thanks Old Buckaroo for the tires. Still more detailing to go but nearing completion. Sorry for not many pics I don't think about it when I'm working on them. When done more pics will come. Any sugestions welcome

001.jpg

Holy Hauler Batman!!! How do you crank these out so fast? This is impressive to say the least. Youve raised the bar on the Malone trucks, building the two that were never available as a kit. Whats next? Defiance, the wheel standing Freightliner Coe with the P51 engine?

Thanks ,

I am retired so I spend most of the day watching the tube and working on models. It's been wet here so can't go out much. It just keeps me busy. I would do more but am running out of the stuff I need. I have some parts comming to finish these off and these are a bit of a guide for you others who can do much better. You'll notice things that could be better. I may down the road have to shorten the bed. Wish I had the right decals to finish it right

">http://MamaandBoss001.jpg

">http://http://s231.photobucket.com/user/alangarber/media/Semi%20Models/MamaandBoss002.jpg.html'>MamaandBoss002.jpg

Shoooot!!! This is just as detailed as it needs to be.....Don't sell yourself short.....At times, detail can be overrated.....My kind of project, Man.....You caught the gist of it really well.....I am, seriously, going to build on like this......But it won't be Tyrone Malone on the side of the truck.....I gotta do my own thing, you know......Just gonna use it as a template.....Looks Great, to me..... :D

Thanks guys. without the help of some great people here which I'll name in the finished pics, I couldn't have gotten these done. I'd like to try Defiance, and or the wheel standing Freightliner COE. But can't find many pics at all

Have a look here Alan, there are some pictures of the Defiance Allison 1710 V12 Powered Wheelstander Freightliner at the link.

http://public.fotki.com/superboss1/stage-coach-diesel-/page5.html

If you go to the next page there are also some pictures of the highly modified Detroit Diesel 6V-92 powered Hurricane Kenworth truck, these two trucks together with the Super Boss, Papa Truck, Hideout Truck and Smokey Bear Corvette...and I think the Boss Truck Of America and the Little Irvy Truck...now belongs to Gary Reis at Stage Coach Diesel Motorsports Museum.

The Defiance wheelstander truck was originally brown with white, red and yellow stripes and was built by Jerald McBee from Oregon and here is an article from the February 1980 Overdrive Magazine with the truck as it originally was.

http://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale/truck_magazines/truck-and-trucking-/1980-overdrive-magazine/02-overdrive-magazi/february-1980-defia.html#media Click on "next" to get the other two pages.

Malone must have bought it from him sometime in the mid to late 80's and repainted it pink.

Edited by Force

The Mama is done now just wating on the air conditioning unit for the roof. I tried to duplicate the bed decals but they didn't suit me. I may have to skip them. :(

I was lookin at a pic of your fleet, which really good, i spotted a Bj and the bear truck, id like to see more pics of it when you get a chance

Thanks Force there are some great pics there, I think they would be beyond my ability to make. I will have to try the vette if I can find a car trailer that looks right.

Since you mentioned the Defiance Truck I thought I would help out with what I have found...It can be built with an AMT White Freightliner, an AMT Parts Pack Allison 1710, some modifications and some scratchbuilding...so it's not impossible, it just some work and determination involved.

The Hurricane is probably harder to do as it needs a lot more work and modifications...but for sure possible if one wants to.

Revell has a nice dual axle trailer to do the trailer towed behind the Hideout Truck for the Smokey Bear Corvette, the AMT dual axle display case box trailer or a Galaxie Limited tag along dual axle box trailer could be modified to resemble the trailer towed behind the Papa Truck.

Malone also had other trucks, the light blue Old No 8 KW K100 108 Inch flat top cab with dromedary body wich pulled the living quarters trailer, the blue with white, blue and yellow stripes KW W900B Aerodyne wich pulled a lowboy trailer and the Old Blue 67 KW W900 truck wich pulled the Little Irvy trailer.

Edited by Force