Model Cars Magazine Forum

1963 Impala wagon, HotRod/RatRod.

H.A.K

Ok well after 2 weeks of no painting and the tape on the body I was ready to paint. The tape didn't think so tho, so when I painted it, the paint ran. I touched it up with testor flat black and it's shinny as h_ll. I'm hoping it will dry flat. If not don't really know what I'm going to do about the paint. Here's the pics.

ebadea401448cb42b009fc79e7a15939_zps61380c15.jpg

32bf0e2399e09eb038c614ebaa58440e_zpsc5434f0f.jpg

ed6a465107ab8c18e41e2f0323ca6d9f_zps2f311096.jpg

Just needs BMF and pinstripping on the hood and tail gate and the body should be done.

Try some matte (flat) clear. It may flatten out those touch ups to the point where it's not so obvious. To prevent this from happening again in the future, apply a coat of clear after the mask is applied. This will seal the edges of the mask and help prevent bleed-under.

Try some matte (flat) clear. It may flatten out those touch ups to the point where it's not so obvious. To prevent this from happening again in the future, apply a coat of clear after the mask is applied. This will seal the edges of the mask and help prevent bleed-under.

Man that's a great idea. I never thought about that. Thanks.

Very ambitious work on those flames. I dig it! And Rob's correct, flat clear, like testors dullcoat.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...