Model Cars Magazine Forum

49' Mercury Speedster.. It's Done 5/4/13

BKcustoms

Thanks Mike and Jason!, the engine bay is completely scratchbuilt from. .040 sheet styrene. Using the second hood would've probably worked better though since the styrene doesn't hold bends very well.
Really? I thought for sure you used the other hood. The curves look BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH near perfect, real nice job. I dont have extra styrene but I think I'm gonna have to try using the hood curves to achieve that look. Also real like how you made that smooth firewall and attached everything to the body. Lookin good billy

I've been working hard all weekend and I got a lot done. Engine bay is done and ready for paint... 101_2989_zpsab4fa6d3.jpg101_2991_zps60fb238b.jpg Convertible top is fitted and painted.. 101_2988_zps233dd182.jpg seat is painted.. 101_2985_zps80658a58.jpg And the body is in final primer. (The blue is just guide coat for when I sand it) 101_2983_zpsce80386a.jpg101_2984_zpsaca737d1.jpg thanks for looking, paint will be next weekend! Billy.

Thanks for the compliments guys, I really appreciate it! This past weekend was paint time. The color is a custom candy blue pearl over Kustom Shop "Speed Blue" urethane with Nason clear.

101_2994_zps08d63a75.jpg

101_3000_zps791ec93b.jpg

101_2992_zpsbf093983.jpg

101_2999_zps4c06a0d1.jpg

101_2998_zps08d4a329.jpg

101_2995_zps8c0df9fa.jpg

I decided to repaint the floor since there were a few bad spots in the black. The color is really a lot lighter than the pics show.

Thanks for following along! I'll have this one wrapped up soon. Billy

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. SHINY :) :) :) SHINY :) :) :) SHINY :) :) :) . I love it.

What's up with the pins? Are they different from plain old pins? I'm looking for the pins that come om some new shirts - there's kind of a ball on the top. I think they might work pretty good for dash knobs.