Model Cars Magazine Forum

A little something I did in 24 hours.

Dave McFly

I found a model kit of the reissue of the RoboCop Taurus police car at a local toy store for 5 bucks. So i painted it all flat black out of the spray can as well as the 'rims' after I dechromed them. The intake and valve covers where also dechromed and painted aluminum out of the bottle along with the rest of the engine. I decided not to use the kit supplied Jetsonic style light bar while it looked cool was way off of the 1/1 car/s used in the 3 films. I used the light bar from the snap together Impala police car, but i painted the chrome areas satin black and clear yellow over the non red and blue lenses. It is still not 100% movie accurate but a quantum leap over the kit supplied bar. Here is 2 pics I took of it at a model show in buffalo last spring. I entered it in the tv and movie class, but it did not win or even place in the top 3 :cry: . Right now it sits in a display case at my local hobby store :D .

RoboTaurusfinishedsideview.jpg

RoboTaurusfinishedtopview.jpg

I normally don't do cars of this type unless they are true police cars like caprice or similar.