Model Cars Magazine Forum

I have so many projects bouncing around in my head, it's so difficult to decide what to do next. Even though I have bought a few kits lately, I chose to do a kit that I have had for years, an AMT 50 Chevy Pick-up.

This will be low, chopped, pearl green n mean.

dscf0075tn.jpg

dscf0076vr.jpg

dscf0077dd.jpg

dscf0079d.jpg

dscf0080q.jpg

got the pick-up bed in primer now. it's severely channeled over the chassis with a new panel molded in. also, the sides have been paneled over and the fenders have been blended in with the back smoothed over, kind of like a smooth side with a separate bed and the firewall has been smoothed out. i have modified the front of the chassis as it originally curved downwards, so i straightened it out so that the truck could sit low without any obstruction.

dscf0105i.jpg

dscf0106w.jpg

dscf0107n.jpg

dscf0108i.jpg

dscf0109t.jpg

dscf0110ch.jpg

Edited by doomcrew

ok, just a got a set of Hoppin Hydros wheels, and for me, I think they look better on here than the Diablos.

I have started doing the suspension, which will be an air ride system. All of the suspension will be scratchbuilt, with the air bags being hand formed from Chemiwood (Modelboard). I planned alot out on paper first, working out the track width, wheel and tyre width etc. Hopefully this will make it easy even though the wheels have to be modified slightly, the material that makes up the hub needs to be trimmed.

dscf0115a.jpg

dscf0116d.jpg

dscf0117d.jpg

dscf0118o.jpg

dscf0119bo.jpg

dscf0120zi.jpg

thanks for looking.

we do have a few 50 chevy's her in the uk. one was a feature of custom car magazine a couple of issues back. there was also some at the nsra supernats last year, one of which was a rat, that sat so low, the worms had to duck.

more up-dates, mods to the front wheels, checking the ride height, steering arms in place and work on the rear suspension.

<div>dscf0124f.jpg</div>

<div>dscf0125i.jpg</div>

<div>dscf0127v.jpg</div>

<div>dscf0131r.jpg</div>

Edited by doomcrew