Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th Street Charger Po-Leece car WIP

Bonekrosha

Running along with my DOH version, I decided Roscoe need patrol car a little faster than the beloved Furys and Monacos.

I blended in the front valence, scratchbuilt the rear and blended it in, scratchbuilt roll bar started, Ferrari Testa Rosa Dash (just to do something different), smoothed firewall, radiator made bigger (two kit ones glued together and modified to look a bit more realistic than the paper thin kit one.

It'll have steelies with some kind of dog-dish hub caps, black hood & trunk (again, I used to be a cop so I'm just doing a different paint scheme from plain white or the old black & white), blower cutout in hood will be filled in, Hazzard County Sheriff decals, a load of Po-leece lights (I'm considering going a bit overboard with the lighting; functional l.e.d.s all over the place, l.e.d. lightbar, etc), all kinds of interior Po-Leece stuff; RADAR, dash-cam, radios, etc. roll bar (Roscoe won't be transporting anybody. This has actually spawned an idea for a Hazzard County Paddy Wagon of some type).

Now for the engine:

Kit Hemi converted to a 440 with resin heads & valve covers, scratchbuilt EFI Intake Manifold w/lines and injectors, twin turbos with scratchbuilt headers/piping, oil lines to the turbos, aluminum aftermarket magneto with scratchbuilt offset base to clear intake tubing.

Obviously still in the works, and I'll list all my sources for aftermarket stuff when I finish the car.

I welcome comments and criticisms :)

post-9657-0-21823900-1352543044_thumb.jp

post-9657-0-77272900-1352543063_thumb.jp