Model Cars Magazine Forum

'06 Honda Rc211v Motogp Racer

CarModDave

This is the 2006 "Team LCR" ride of Casey Stoner, detailed using the super detail-up set from Top Studio. It's my first super detailed bike kit and I enjoyed it SO much that I am awaiting the release of the newest super detail set from Top Studio for the Tamiya Kawasaki ZX-RR Ninja kit I got from Santa! Base kit was the usually amazing 1/12 offering from Tamiya and I used the Tamiya fork detail-up set as well. Also picked up the Top Studio race stand set for the '06 Honda, too.

RC211V38.jpg

RC211V27.jpg

RC211V29.jpg

RC211V4.jpg

RC211V12.jpg

RC211V10.jpg

I know, there's a loose cable! I didn't catch it until the pics were uploaded. It's re-attached now!

RC211V18.jpg

RC211V22.jpg

RC211V17.jpg

Edited by CarModDave

Dave, Dave, Dave....

You missed your calling!!! That thing is flat out gorgeous!!!!

DaveT

So, what are you saying? That I should change my name to "BikeModDave"? :P

Thanks, Dave.....I appreciate it!

By the way, I should have an answer to your Melbourne question in a week or so............ B)

If it weren't for the Tamiya phillips head screws visible in a few spots I would have thought this was another installment of Real or Model? That is just beautiful! It's inspiration and encouragement for me to build my Yamaha with the Top Studio set, Spiderman Decals, and SMS etch for good measure.

Keep up great work - looking forward to to the Kwak! :blink:

Every time I see this bike, my jaw drops to the floor!!! I'm one that appreciates scale realism, and this build is so full of masterful craftsmanship, and great detailing!!! Amazing!!! Hmmmmm, "BikeModDave" sounds perfect.....lol.

• 2 months later...
Sorry for dredging up an old one, but do you use a microscope and a laser for detailing?

Any tips for exhaust bluing, I searched but came up empty, spectacular build. Do you have any other bike builds posted?

No microscope but I definitely couldn't do it without my trusty Opti-Visor! :(

Here's a link that will help on using the Tamiya weathering set I used (set D). Scroll down to see a couple of how-to videos:

http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/870...ering/index.htm

As for other bike builds, I don't have any others posted but I am currently at work on the Tamiya ZX-RR Ninja, again using a detail set from Top Studio.

Here's a link that will help on using the Tamiya weathering set I used (set D). Scroll down to see a couple of how-to videos:

http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/870...ering/index.htm

Thank you so much, again, you are a master modeller. Now I have more ###### to buy :)

I picked up some blue, red, as well as clear blue and clear red this morning, was going to attempt the effect with a combo of brush and air brush. Might still try it, but this weathering set looks like the easy ticket.