Model Cars Magazine Forum

eModelCars Auction Web Site

Guys, I have been trying to get eModelCars.com going for over a year now.

It's an easy place to list model kits for sale, and best of all, IT'S FREE!!

Yups, that's right, free, no charge to list, sell, or post want ads.

Check it out.

If it don't get better by the summer, I will probably close it down.

I will start a small advertising campaign for it, but I have nothing to gain from this.

It's all for the readers, you guys, I don't want or expect anything back.

I hear all the time the complaints about the other sites charging so much.

Well, here's the place to go to sell model kits.

http://www.emodelcars.com

Gregg I am a signed member.I have tried to sell and ask for wants, but the turn out is slim on the site.I for one think it is a great idea if some poeple would jump on the band wagon.After all, its not just another site for everything.It is indeed a sight completely for us aand theres no listing fees.I was on there last week and there was only 3 things listed.Its hard to look for any good kits for sale there if some of you guys dont go listing them.Why not list for a few days, then no reply, then jump onto another site to sell??Like Gregg said, it is FREE!!

I've been listing and re-listing on their for a couple of months now. Sold two kits.

Not much traffic, but I certainly try to keep something their.

I'd miss the venue if it were gone, but I certainly understand where you are coming from Gregg.

Chris

I am glad that the sight is there. I was hoping it would take off better than it has. I think a lot of folk are afraid that they will not get top $$ for their stuff because of the small traffic. I sure do hope that it will take off and become sucessfull. It would be sad to see it go!!! KT

I took a look at the site a couple days ago and found that a lot of what was available wasn't available for those of us outside the US but I'll also admit that increasing sellers on ebay won't sell to Canada. Quite discouraging.

rob w

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Gregg,

I saw a post by you somewhere else on the board that if the concept did not take off before too long you were going to plug. I am posting to let you know I'm "thinking" emodelcars.com. I was looking for a Nascar Monte Carlo notchback. I perused the listings and the closest I got was some guy in HI selling an aerocoupe kit :wink: I will keep looking on there to see if the site has what I'm looking for on a given day. Thanks, Jason

With all those NASCAR kits on there, I'm going to have to spend some money....I gotta save some of it up first....Too many things going on, I gotta pay two people I owe then it's back to buying like normal! :)

I have to get my computer's motherboard fixed (ACK!) and I hope that won't cost too much.

What I'm getting at is, Gregg, why'd you have to put all those NASCAR kits up now?? :wink: :):lol: