Model Cars Magazine Forum

Out of Your Comfort Zone Group Build

chunkypeanutbutter

A community build idea: out of your comfort zone.

Muscle builders build ricers....

Stock builders do customs....

Shiny builders do rusty....

One I really like is lefty people build a car painting, cutting, etc. with their right hand and vice versa for righties B)

Edited by chunkypeanutbutter

• 1 month later...

One I really like is lefty people build a car painting, cutting, etc. with their right hand and vice versa for righties

Well if you really want to see the most screwed up model in modeling history I could try working with my left hand. But frankly, the darn thing isn't good for anything.

Well if you really want to see the most screwed up model in modeling history I could try working with my left hand. But frankly, the darn thing isn't good for anything.

Whatever it is, it'll probably come out better than the best Palmer kit. :lol:

I'll probably end up getting a snapkit. My LHS has a few Fords and some others. There's a Firebird Ram Air that was marked down to $9 which I was considering getting just for the LS1 engine... Curbside build?

Edited by chunkypeanutbutter

Maybe a tuner? I saw all American iron there.

Something really awful, like a riced-out Eclipse, or maybe a jacked-up Escalade filled with stereos and scissor doors :D

I've got a riced out Pacer in the works for the Cannonball, and the other.....................................ugh. Outside comfort zone I'm okay with but not outside the realm of good taste. I'll see what I can come up with. Maybe something non-auto.

Ill jump in on this. I usually build shiney show trucks, so ill try building a dirty truck. Ive started already, its a tandem build. 2 AMT Diamond Reos.

Heres the shiney, still in process

image_zpsc2ddc0de.jpg

Heres the frame, cab and hood of the dirty.

image_zps0995ebef.jpg

image_zps724ccb15.jpg

image_zpsf5931fb9.jpg

Hood stil needs dirtying up

Edited by Petetrucker07

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...