Model Cars Magazine Forum

So What is Your All Time Favorite Big Trucks

The W900 with the first generation Aerodyne Sleeper roof.

Mack R.

Autocar conventionals with the old round fenders

Pete 359/379

Most of the old cabovers, but especially the K100.

.....and almost anything with a Cummins engine. :)

Edited by FlatbedKW

• 4 weeks later...

I like anything that is driven by a 2 stroke Detroit for starters, they sounded nasty, the more the cylinders, the better!

As for classic looking trucks, I'd have to say

Kenworth W900L

Peterbilt 379

Peterbilt 389

Kenworth W900A

GMC Astro, wide grill

Peterbilt 362

Mack B

Mack R

Mack Superliner

Mack Cruiseliner

As for the aero trucks, I likesome of them even though they're

not unanimously liked such as:

International Prostar

Freightliner FLD

Peterbilt 387

Kenworth T660

My question now, why does it seem like so many people are into Caterpillar engines?

There seem to be so many Cummins around, they look like they are more popular.

I don't drive and don't know people who do so I'm in the dark somewhat.

• 3 weeks later...

my fav is a 77-80 international transtar II cabover loved the top hat air cleaner that came to the right side of the stack on passenger side,.also my first truck i ever rode in when i was 4-5yrs old my dad used to run gravel with her it had a 290 cummins.

All time favorite has been the 30s 40s and 50s COEs. But all time has to be the New Design 47-53 Cannonball style Chevy. The GMC I know had the Cannonball moniker. But I hate the grille. Second is as of late a 1955 IH COE. Doing a pic of a Tow truck like that. B model Macks are also good looking. Mack R model. Too many to list. Anything made before 1965. 1947 Mack Conventional. 30s White Trucks like the Stream lined tanker and Labatts Trucks.

for zo6bob as a trucker id have to say noone could beat that ole cat sound well for me i couldnt get enough of the puuuuurin" kitty cat ...when i was 21 i bought a ole 84 cabover freightliner with a of course a 400 cat i could not get enough of that sound!!

To me, it is the Bj and the Bear paint job that I like so much, It's by far my favorite rig and that's probably the main reason. Just love the look of that red and white rig with all that chrome pulling the 40ft Brown Co. Reefer with the 2-holes set all the way back on the trailer.

Things that make you go mmmmmm.

Chris

I agree with you whole heartedly Chris!! You know where I'm coming from!!! Always remember...K-100 Aerodynes RULE!!! Roy

• 5 months later...

I'm partial to the conventional style. I've been in construction trucking for 30 years. Driven Macks,KWs and Petes...All conventionals...easy to drive and great visibility. Current ride is an 06 Pete with a 330 Cummins and an Allison 6sp autopost-9536-0-49155500-1334147717_thumb.jp