Model Cars Magazine Forum

CALLING ALL AMT DIAMOND REO'S (w/ amt western stars, etc...)

Dont see many Diamond reo's being built or anything here or on other forums im on....Just looking for a little inspiration to come up with something or someway of building mine i just got yesterday for my bday from Jan.?!....so i just want to see what everyone else built to maybe give me some ideas on how to build mine....resin/scratch parts welcomed to!

Geez ray , thats an awsomly heavy duty reo .

Freightshaker , the australian army had those set back front axle reo's in the 60's-70's . We took them to vietnam and brought them home again , they are now in the hands of private companys . There was one manual and the rest were automatics .

Edited by scummy

Sean I just put up a White Western Star in the Under Glass section. I made a couple of minor changes to it, but maybe it will help to inspire you.

If its the brown one then yeah i saw it already...twice...once here and the other on facebook!

• 1 month later...

bandit I just put the dump body from the Autocar in with the Diamond Reo kit. I would like to find anouther Autocar dump truck kit. at a resonable price.

that makes 2!...I think round 2 should have issued that dump body with the amt pete 359 kit!...Being they are near perfect...other than the tail but that can be fixed with i think 2 new parts that is not hard to make!?

• 8 months later...

@ rctruk, Jeff, your truck was the other one I was looking for to cite "inspirational credit" (along with Doug's version).

I will say, for a 40ish year old tech tooling kit, these rigs do build quite nicely and rather quickly (working on a Diamond Reo day cab right now).

brinx