Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ideas for variations/conversions with the new MENG Ford F350 SuperDuty

Post your pics, ideas, plans, etc. on what you would like to do, or will be doing, on the new MENG Ford F350 Super Duty Crew Cab truck kit.

This should be an interesting topic, and I for one can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Let the games begin!

I have two of these crew cabs and will start on them soon, one will probably be factory stock and the other might be some sort of support truck for either police or fire.

I would love to see a standard cab version so a wrecker, roll back or dump truck could be built along with just a standard work truck.Might have to visit the Western snow plow website and figure out a late model plow mount and use the plow from the recent Revell GMC kit to create a late model plow vehicle.

of course I'll be interested in seeing a single cab, an extended cab, a dually bed, a 5th wheel hitch(already out there) Everybody is freaking out about the price on this kit but many of us have found it deeply discounted and I'm sure it will continue to be the case.

As being a builder of emergency apparatus, I see in my future.....a new squad box ambulance, quick attack mini-pumper, walk around rescue, or how about a brush/grass fire rig.... but let's not stop there... we can also build a wrecker too!!! but wait there's more...take the open road camper, cut the old front / rear clips off, scratchbuild some newer extensions... and presto!!! a brand new class C motorhome.... GOTTA get at least two of these kits.

This truck is pretty much what I'll be going for but I'll be leaving the kit a crew cab. I want to try and scratch build the v-plow.

If that truck is in the driveway, that will make the building of the plow easier, otherwise check the web and maybe they have drawings on line. I can imagine alot of different builds on this truck as more people have them!

Yes, my question, how much for this kit ?

Depends. Different prices from different sources. Hobby Link Japan has it for preorder for approx. $54, sources in Hong Kong and mainland China have for less. I ordered one from China's biggest e-tailer for under $30.

Edited by Rob Hall

And how does Revell's announcement of the Raptor figure into the equation?

It doesn't. No correlation between a 1/25th Raptor snap kit and a 1/24th Super Duty full detail kit other than they are both kits of modern Ford trucks.

Edited by Rob Hall

Had not seen mention of a Revell Raptor. If it is like the Jeep Rubicon kit, I'll pick one up nothing wrong with a good snap kit.

I don't know what it means in the big picture, but with Moebius, Meng and now Revell doing some new truck kits, it certainly isn't a bad time for truck builders.

Depends. Different prices from different sources. Hobby Link Japan has it for preorder for approx. $54, sources in Hong Kong and mainland China have for less. I ordered one from China's biggest e-tailer for under $30.

And who was that e-tailer and what was the shipping cost ?

Brush truck, airport ARFF rapid intervention vehicle, paramedic unit, fire department utility vehicle, the list is endless... Could keep the crew cabs or make regular cabs out of them. Wonder how long it will take for one of our resident resin casters to offer a regular cab (Dave Carey- hint , hint)?

David

Edited by hooknladderno1