Model Cars Magazine Forum

Batman Tumbler - Any News?

Danger

Latest news - Packaging and instructions are done - waiting for licensor approval for instruction sheet - If all goes well, kits should ship from Orient around 4/30 - If nothing comes along to screw up the schedule, kits ought to be in stores before the end of May.

Dave

• 3 months later...

And here we are mid-July and still no word when this model is being released. The Moebius website advertises that there is a build-up article in a sci-fi mag, but nothing on a release date.

I want my Tumbler!

Danger

• 2 weeks later...

It's out. DIDN'T get it form the LHS at $45!! But will get a few from tower later at $30. Opened one up, the tires are pretty bad if you want to use them for anything else. The rears are open on one side. Kit looks ok from what I saw. Many parts, all in black.

It's out. DIDN'T get it form the LHS at $45!! But will get a few from tower later at $30. Opened one up, the tires are pretty bad if you want to use them for anything else. The rears are open on one side. Kit looks ok from what I saw. Many parts, all in black.

I saw a silver lining to that.

2wNSGjl.jpg

IMG_20130811_204016_162_zpsd6782c59.jpg

IMG_20130811_204713_140_zps4f21a174.jpg

IMG_20130811_203853_491_zpsead11f41.jpg

Sorry for the cellphone pix...

If this looks like a lot of stealth fighter pieces instead of a car model, you wouldn't be too far from the truth. This is a difficulty 3 build kit which is highly detailed, with multiple panels and parts. The interesting thing though is it comes with no decals, so painting the cockpit intricately becomes a must. Should be a nice challenge!

Edited by Drake69

• 1 month later...