Model Cars Magazine Forum

2011 Nascar Dodge Charger Brad Keselowski

MarkJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm about half way through creating the decals for the model. I started at the nose and am slowly working my way back. There are so many decals on the modern cars. I did come up with a faster way of sizing the decals so that shoud help.

• 2 weeks later...

How are you dong the decals? they look great!!

Matt, I created them with an Adobe Photodeluxe 2.0 program and printed them out on an HP 4500 Office jet printer.I got the images from pictures from the internet. I used Testors white decal sheets and will cut out the images as close to the edge as possible. I will touch them up with some decanted paint, as necessary, and then seal them with future.

Edited by MarkJ

The only reason I use the Testors sheets is because they are readily available at Hobby Lobby and with a 40% off coupon they are not to expensive.They are however pretty hard to work with . That is why i put multiple images on the sheets. If I mess up I don't have to print a whole new sheet. If you build a white car you can use clear sheets and you don't have to cut the image out exactly on its edge.

Edited by MarkJ

Just to show the difference between a 1:24 scale decal and a 1:25 I found an old goodyear decal from a 1:24 scale sheet and put it above the goodyear decal that I will use that came in the amt snap kit I am using to build this model. Pretty big difference.

decalcompare.jpg

An enterprising decal maker that does 1:24 scale decals could reduce his sheets and print them as 1:25 scale. He could offer both sizes to his customers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...