#3 peter31a

peter31a

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Full Name:Peter McDonald

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:22 AM

OOoohh! There is one for my shopping list at NNL East! Yahoo! Get the feeling I like it? :P :D :)

#4 Aaronw

Aaronw

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts
  • Full Name:Aaron

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:31 PM

How much difference is there between a '32 and the existing '29 and '34 Ford pickup kits? I wouldn't think there would be much but for someone to go to the trouble of casting a conversion of that complexity there must be a fair amount.

Edited by Aaronw, 17 February 2008 - 09:32 PM.

#5 Lyle Willits

Lyle Willits

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
  • Full Name:Lyle Willits

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:45 PM

How much difference is there between a '32 and the existing '29 and '34 Ford pickup kits? I wouldn't think there would be much but for someone to go to the trouble of casting a conversion of that complexity there must be a fair amount.

'29 Model A's and '32 deuce pickups are quite different in bodies, dimensions, frames, pickup beds, etc.
There isn't MUCH outward appearing differences between a '32 and '34 Ford pickup. The grilles are different, the cabs are VERY SLIGHTLY different and wheelbase on the '34 is slightly longer. People who are into street rod models have been clamoring for a '32 pickup for a long time,,,,,,,,,so now we have one. Getting a resin conversion for the Revell '32 kit is MUCH easier than converting the '34 back to a '32. In fact, the way to do that would be to do exactly what I did, so now the work is done for those who don't want to do it.

#6 Aaronw

Aaronw

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts
  • Full Name:Aaron

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:43 PM

'29 Model A's and '32 deuce pickups are quite different in bodies, dimensions, frames, pickup beds, etc.
There isn't MUCH outward appearing differences between a '32 and '34 Ford pickup. The grilles are different, the cabs are VERY SLIGHTLY different and wheelbase on the '34 is slightly longer. People who are into street rod models have been clamoring for a '32 pickup for a long time,,,,,,,,,so now we have one. Getting a resin conversion for the Revell '32 kit is MUCH easier than converting the '34 back to a '32. In fact, the way to do that would be to do exactly what I did, so now the work is done for those who don't want to do it.

Ok, I was just curious since there is a '34. So basically little stuff but not easily changed, thanks for satisfying my curiosity.