3 replies to this topic

#1 72 Satellite

72 Satellite

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:48 PM

Hi everybody, I am a new member here, and let me say how much I have enjoyed reading through all the topic posted. I do have one question. What ever happened to the Revell Firebird Smokey and the Bandit diecast kit? I bought one at NNL East 3? years ago and have not seen one since and it is not even on eBay. This was a great kit (even though it was diecast) and I want some more. Any info?

#2 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,223 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 18 February 2008 - 04:13 PM

Hi everybody, I am a new member here, and let me say how much I have enjoyed reading through all the topic posted. I do have one question. What ever happened to the Revell Firebird Smokey and the Bandit diecast kit? I bought one at NNL East 3? years ago and have not seen one since and it is not even on eBay. This was a great kit (even though it was diecast) and I want some more. Any info?

I still see it around in hobby shops and on ebay...I think Revell has dropped many of their 1:25th diecasts, and have been converting many of them to plastic kits (like the '58 Impala and the upcoming '68 Mustang, '70 Challenger and Subaru, for example).

#3 Zoom Zoom

Zoom Zoom

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 04:19 PM

While it's not currently in the lineup, because the price of zinc for diecast quadrupled, you may eventually see it reissued as a full plastic kit like many of their other previous diecast models are being converted. Give it time. It's a fine kit, aside from the lack of "Trans Am" lettering and tire sidewalls that are completely devoid of any detail. I know they won't use "Good Year" anymore, but c'mon...they can fake some simple design on the sidewalls to make them at least look like MODEL tires, not TOY tires :angry:

#4 Jon Cole

Jon Cole

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,426 posts
  • Full Name:Jon... although my parents used to call me "KNOCK IT OFF!"

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:42 PM

I really enjoyed building it. I think it's miles ahead of the AMT/MPC kit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I made my own removable hood hinge support... that tab on the far left hooks in to the top firewall opening.
Posted Image

Keith Marks supplied the missing 'TRANS AM'' text
Posted Image

Posted Image