#1 Len Geisler

Len Geisler

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Full Name:,

Posted 10 March 2008 - 03:47 PM

Can anyone comment on how accurate the Model King Challenger F/C is???? I have one OTB right now and am debating another, as somehow, I have decals for 4 Challenger F/C's...TIA!!

#2 capsgs

capsgs

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Capucini

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:34 PM

Len, I think the kit is very accurate. However,as with most cars of that time period, they evolved regularly. You'll find a hundred different configurations for that time period.

#3 Hondo

Hondo

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Full Name:Jim Mullis

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:08 PM

Len,

I had my doubts about this one, because I never was a big MPC fan...............

But, they have reworked a lot of this body and it's actually not too bad.
When you mount the front axle, make sure it mounts straight up, not leaning backward
or forward. I saw a couple built ones and the front wheel didn't center up in the opening.
Also, had to trim the interior tin a bit to get the body/tin to sit down on the frame.
I like this kit now and will probably get another one.

Posted Image

Hondo

#4 Len Geisler

Len Geisler

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Full Name:,

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:42 AM

Len,

I had my doubts about this one, because I never was a big MPC fan...............

But, they have reworked a lot of this body and it's actually not too bad.
When you mount the front axle, make sure it mounts straight up, not leaning backward
or forward. I saw a couple built ones and the front wheel didn't center up in the opening.
Also, had to trim the interior tin a bit to get the body/tin to sit down on the frame.
I like this kit now and will probably get another one.

Posted Image

Hondo

Hondo,
Thanks for the input, I finally shot some pearl white on my first, I am doing a Ramchargers version.....I saw yours and almost tossed mine in the trash.....
Tks.....

#5 Hondo

Hondo

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Full Name:Jim Mullis

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:57 PM

Len,

I take that as a compliment about my Ramchargers car.........THANKS !! I'm sure you'll do great on yours.
I do like the way it turned out. I was fortunate to find a good set of decals for it last year.

As for MY Model King Challenger......Slow going on the chassis, didn't like the color of it, stripped it down
and will redo it. The body is done. I'll post pix of the new one soon.

Hondo

Edited by Hondo, 01 May 2008 - 12:58 PM.