#1 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Full Name:John V. Agugliaro

Posted 30 July 2006 - 07:59 AM

Currently I'm without a dedicated work area. My wife & I live in a 1 bedroom Co-Op (apartment...) while I'm selling a 3 bedroom house, that included my hobby room. Hopefully I'll have "my room" back in a year or so when we buy another house. But for now I must pick small projects to fit my cramped enviroment.

This is a simple project where I tried to replicate my actual `68 Barracuda. A Johnny Lightning was stripped and painted with Model Car World LL1 turquoise. I bare metaled the trim & bumpers, and swapped in a 6 pack engine from a Challenger T/A. I'm still looking for a set of dog dish hub caps.

Posted Image
My car has more blue in it, but it's close enuff!
Posted Image
My car is a 360 with a 6 pack & 4 spd. I should have scratch-built a bench seat like my car, but again, I can only do small projects. I have to pack everything up when I finish a session, and you all know how much THAT sucks....

Thanks for looking!
Posted Image

#2 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,701 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:45 AM

Hey John.............Nice 'Cuda! At first glance I thought that was the MPC 1/25 scale '69! :D

Yes, I know how it feels to be in a "temp" environment! Just got word yesterday from my property manager that I have to move in 60 days because the owners of the house want to move back in! :)

So yes, I'm house hunting too...............but no more renting if I can help it------the next place I intend to buy!

This puts a crimp in my modeling as now I now won't have much time to finish that Buick.........:(

#3 Ayatollah

Ayatollah

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 03:52 PM

Amen on the real estate market in Queens, the car looks great!