1/12 Christie Steam Fire Engine ( Lots Of Pics )

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lizardqing

Lizardqing

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 06:20 AM

This is the first of two I will be building. This one is pretty much OOB, me being me just could not leave it completely OOB. All though the only thing I did add was some firewood for the boiler. And let me tell you, spliting wood in July in GA about slap wore me out.

This is the old AMT kit that pops up on Ebay pretty regularly. Been wanting one for a long while and scored two at once. The kit is pretty much your standard AMT kit from the era and very similar to the ALF trucks in that the stryrene is hard and don't like to glue to well , the decals completely blow and the fit is questionable in some areas. But all that just makes for the challenge we all seek right. Well that and no one else does anything close to this so might as well suck it up.

Here's a few pics, well several actually, takes a few to cover the thing. Now for this one to head off to the auction block as promised to SWMBO as part of the deal for getting two.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And how about a pose with some somewhat period fire gear?
Posted Image

As always comments and complaints welcome.

#2 Biscuitbuilder

Biscuitbuilder

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 12:05 AM

Nice work! I have a couple of those Ahrens Fox steamer kits, first one is in MPC box (MPC actually issued the kit first).

The only comment I might make is that those steam pumpers were fired with coal, rather than wood.

Biscuitbuilder

#3 Lizardqing

Lizardqing

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 04:26 AM

Thanks. Yea I know about the coal, but me wood sitting there seemed to look better than nothing at all. That area is a real big and pretty monotnous.