Hey George, How's The Construction Comming ?

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Gramps-xrds_*

Guest_Gramps-xrds_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:09 PM

Have you started your addition yet or is the wife thinking of taking your space for her new sewing room. lol :D

#2 Guest_Gramps-xrds_*

Guest_Gramps-xrds_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:36 AM

That's great news George. Looks like you'll be real busy this summer. Just take your time and don't get over exerted. As for my work, well it sorta came to a standstill right now. I got the pump bases pretty well done, but I ran into a small problem w/ the globes for the tops. I made pumps in 1/32 scale for my sons race track dio w/ no problems but I used evergreen 3/8 tube and bondo for the globes but that's to small for 1/25. I needed something 9/16 or 5/8 for this scale and couldn't find anything. I tried heating .030 sheet and stretching it over a wood buck but I ended up burning my fingers a bit, so I gave up on that idea. It would work though. While messing around in the garage I was looking through my drawing table and found an old dried up majic marker that was the right size. I took a tubing cutter and cut the rims for it then used a 5/8 hole punch and some aluminum sheet and made the faces. It looks just about right, but then I found out I have no usable CA for them so I'll have to wait till I get some to finish. Oh well. Right now I'm babysitting my 4 yr old grandson. I enjoy him immensely. He's a papaws boy. I'll get them done soon though. I hope lol.

You take care now.

#3 scubadiver411

scubadiver411

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Allen

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:07 AM

Hey George... sounds like a lot of "DESTRUCTION" in order for "CONSTRUCTION" around smallville. Sounds like a fun project.... better you than me. :lol: Can't wait to see the "new and improved" smallville. Keep us updated.

STEVE ALLEN