Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking For an '88+ 4 Door Chevy Crew Cab?

I see them on ebay frequently, usually seem to go for $40 or so. Looks like a decent casting, probably a late 80's / early 90's truck.

yea i seen em on evilbay everytime i bid on one i get out snookered lol wish i knew who the seller was or is i would email them and buy one off of em :D

We're just getting ready to put both the CrewCab, and Suburban back into production. The CrewCab has some new updates like an interior, and frame. Suburban will remain the same, but we may offer the missing parts to finish it as the snap Tahoe is getting a little hard to find.

Accu-pro made that body and also the suburban and 2-door tahoes.... we neet to ask our Perry's Resin friend where they are :lol:

We're just getting ready to put both the CrewCab, and Suburban back into production. The CrewCab has some new updates like an interior, and frame. Suburban will remain the same, but we may offer the missing parts to finish it as the snap Tahoe is getting a little hard to find.

cool i'll be looking for em can you please post on here when thay are ready to sell and i would like to buy one straight from you and not on ebay thanks ricky

putting the 95-98 interior? :o pm me when they are both available ;) i guess i'll hold off in chopping these tahoe kits i been saving to make a suburban

• 2 months later...

Ron Cash used to specialize in those duel cab conversions back .... sheesh TWENTY years ago! Though, you didn't say what year your truck is.

1955 was the first 3500 I believe....

Doubt that Ron is still making them tho... but someone might have taken the masters off his hands so I don't quite know the answer to your question.

I went through my contacts, Hendrix, R&R, Perry's, Aardvark and Modelhaus' web site is down.

Sorry dude.

Frankly, for the cost of two kits... you could make your own more cheaply by cutting up two cabs and pasting the big half's together. :mellow:

Edited by Jairus

B) Sorry to hear Ron Cash has passed away.Is their something about resin casting thats dangerous? Is it neccesary to wear protective clothing or breathing apparatus? Seems like alot of resin casters over the years have succumed to some sort of illness.Is the old Art Anderson article that I heard about, the one in which he tells of why he quit casting available to read anywhere?It seems like it couldn't hurt to know what the guys who bring us some of our favorite cast resin kits go thru to do it.

Ron Cash used to specialize in those duel cab conversions back .... sheesh TWENTY years ago! Though, you didn't say what year your truck is.

1955 was the first 3500 I believe....

Doubt that Ron is still making them tho... but someone might have taken the masters off his hands so I don't quite know the answer to your question.

I went through my contacts, Hendrix, R&R, Perry's, Aardvark and Modelhaus' web site is down.

Sorry dude.

Frankly, for the cost of two kits... you could make your own more cheaply by cutting up two cabs and pasting the big half's together. :)

Thanks Jairus for the info, I did forget to mention the year. I believe it is a 1996. I seen them a couple times on ebay, but the prices got ridiculously high. If I were to slice and dice, I would screw it up royaly, LOL, (still a beginner in that aspect). If you happen to think of another caster that would make a kit for that year, please let me know. Edited by grimreaper

Sorry to hear Ron Cash has passed away.

Frankly, for the cost of two kits... you could make your own more cheaply by cutting up two cabs and pasting the big half's together.

That's exactly what I did...

Silverado_19.jpg

Silveradotn.jpg

This project still need an interior (it will be from a ’64 Impala) and an engine (probably a LT5/ZR1 Corvette)

<_<

Edited by Drago

Sorry to hear Ron Cash has passed away.

That's exactly what I did...

Silverado_19.jpg

Silveradotn.jpg

This project still need an interior (it will be from a ’64 Impala) and an engine (probably a LT5/ZR1 Corvette)

:lol:

Wow that's HAWT Bro! :rolleyes: I picked up a resin one from EvilBey last year, but it needs alot of work! I believe part of it was broken en transit to me, mainly cause that area was just too thin & flimsy(Cost too much for the Quality, but no help from the Pal on that)....