Model Cars Magazine Forum

Land speed car

59 Impala

Here are some pics of a jet fighter that I'm converting to a land speed car. Hope ya like.

Landspeed2.jpg

DSC01214.jpg

DSC01216.jpg

this last pic is one with the name that I chose for her and a kabuki mask that I want to make a decal of and use it on the nose of the car. Any comments are welcome.

DSC01218.jpg

Thanks fer lookin. Dan

From one Dan to another, yep warped and old in my case :lol: This is for my club meeting in September and I can't wait to get it done. I'm going to do some painting for this build that I've not tried yet. The base color will be metalic red with a bluish-green pearl powder mixed with clear and painted over the red. How much pearl I use is yet to be determend. We'll see how this turns out. :lol: Dan

Darin, this is as low as I can get it without the front wheel hitting the body underneath. If I go any lower, the bottom will hit the ground. I need to take a better picture of the belly to ground I think to see how low it really is. Thanks for your comments. It makes me think that maybe I can lower it some more, I'll see when I get a better look at it tonight. Dan

Yeah, I know what ya mean bout the front wheel. It is almost touching the bottom of the body now, so I don't know what I can do cause I'm getting kinda strapped for time. I'm going to take a look at it tonight and see if I can do something with it. Thanks again. Dan

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Billy. I'm almost finished with it. I have to be done by this Sunday for my model clubs meeting and this thing is giving me fits. The stabalizer on top cracked on me today and I have to redo it. It's been one thing after another with this build. It's like it doesn't want to be finished, but I'll get 'er done one way or another. :) Dan

Rowdy, if ya look on the tail you'll see A.R.Fons. I did that for Art Arfons. I met him and he is a great guy. So, I thought that I would show recognition for him and his legacy and ledgend. But Breedlove is another good choice. :lol: Thanks for the comment. Dan

Dan,Sorry I didn't catch the decal of Arfons.No disrespect intended. :wink:

Your build quickly reminded me of one of Breedlove's earlier rides.

Rowdy.

Rowdy, don't wory, I didn't take it that way. I enjoy anyone who remembers any of those guys back in the day. I remember Breedlove's car well. And Steve, what can I say other than WOW your car looks great. Here are three more pics of mine. I'm almost finished with it. Hope ya like.

Landspeed21.jpg

Landspeed19.jpg

Landspeed17.jpg

Thanks fer lookin. Dan