20 replies to this topic

#21 Zoom Zoom

Zoom Zoom

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 01:21 PM

Tamiya sprays dry rapidly; but I use a dehydrator so I'm not sure if you are letting it dry in ambient conditions. In this summer heat overnight/24 hours should be fine. If you can still smell it, it's too wet. Put in a warm, dry spot and you can work on it in no time.

Thanks Bob. I'll give it a few days before I polish.

We seem to have lost the heat wave we had as it's only 62 instead of 92 a week ago.

I'm not complaining BTW. I'm a puddle when it's 92. It was over 100 with the humidity and that's way too hot for Canada.

Lucky you; it's been about 95-98 degrees here for the past month and a half; everyone feels like they're hibernating from the heat, staying indoors in the A/C. They say it may get all the way down to 85 here over the weekend. Promises, promises :roll: :wink:

And a food dehyrator really is an awesome tool; drying paint, primer, putty, warming cans of paint before spraying, drying off a model after washing, drying decals. I can't live w/o it :D But your model should be fine after a few days, Tamiya dries pretty rapidly. If it were Testors enamels I'd say you could deal with it by October.