2 replies to this topic

#1 geoff7877

geoff7877

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:19 PM

Hello all! This is my first post here, so be gentle. I was actually doing a search for the #3 OREO Dale Jr. BGN car that Dave T. did years ago (saw it posted at Mr. Nascar a while back) and I was trying to find the color that he used. I'm building the #88 National Guard car and I need a little direction on the best blue to use. My first instinct was mica blue, but I've seen a lot of variation in that color but I gues that could because of the primer color.

Anyone have a good match for the #88 blue? Thanks...

And Dave if you read this, what chassi color are you using? The super detailed Rusty car that you did looks like a perfect match... Beautiful detail work as well.

#2 David Thibodeau

David Thibodeau

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 12:17 PM

Hello all! This is my first post here, so be gentle. I was actually doing a search for the #3 OREO Dale Jr. BGN car that Dave T. did years ago (saw it posted at Mr. Nascar a while back) and I was trying to find the color that he used. I'm building the #88 National Guard car and I need a little direction on the best blue to use. My first instinct was mica blue, but I've seen a lot of variation in that color but I gues that could because of the primer color.

Anyone have a good match for the #88 blue? Thanks...

And Dave if you read this, what chassi color are you using? The super detailed Rusty car that you did looks like a perfect match... Beautiful detail work as well.

The Blue I will be using for the National guard car when I do it is House of Kolor... IT can be purchased at Slixx.com. I would pick up some Stratto Blue basecoat and Kandy Kobalt Transparent Candy to go over that followed by a clearcoat. Thanks for the comments....

DaveT

#3 geoff7877

geoff7877

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:41 AM

The Blue I will be using for the National guard car when I do it is House of Kolor... IT can be purchased at Slixx.com. I would pick up some Stratto Blue basecoat and Kandy Kobalt Transparent Candy to go over that followed by a clearcoat. Thanks for the comments....

DaveT

Thanks for the tip Dave. I think at $10.00 bucks a can (bottle) for the HOK base alone, I think that I might try the mica blue over either a dark gray primer. I don't enter contest, but I do want a great looking end result, so I'll try for a happy medium. What clear do you use? I've been away from building for a while, so I'm trying start over again...

By the way, what color(s) did you use for that #3 Jr. BGN car that has been up on Mr. NASCAR for years? I love the way that came out. The body work was as amazing as the paint. You tuly do some fine work my friend...

Geoff

Edited by geoff7877, 18 May 2008 - 07:43 AM.