#2 Bernard Kron

Bernard Kron

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Full Name:Bernard Kron

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:21 PM

Ahhhhh... So Nice! The stance is pretty much the same as your mockup. I enjoyed the tail end of your W.I.P. post to see how you got there. As always, the lovely interior with the on-the-money choice of colors and style is buried inside the body. Perhaps you could post a pic so folks could appreciate that tasty detail. Anyway, shiny mag wheels (oversized but traditional 5-slots were the perfect choice IMHO) buried inside the fenders on the oh-so-right slammed stance, glossy black paint to show off the stunning flame job, and nicely detailed chassis and engine (more pics?) all make this streamlined baby a sweet, sweet contemporary rod build...

B.

Edited by gbk1, 17 May 2008 - 06:28 PM.

#3 mikelo

mikelo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Lomaka

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:01 AM

I agree. That turned out reallllllllly nice. Sits just like the mock up. Thanks for the pics!

#4 CaseyG83

CaseyG83

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:04 PM

wow that looks awesome! but i have a question, what happened to the center post on the the windsheild? I think i know, if its any like what happened to me 15 minutes ago you broke it polishing :P oh well i think it looks better with out it! great flames!

#5 JayVee

JayVee

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:19 PM

wow that looks awesome! but i have a question, what happened to the center post on the the windsheild? I think i know, if its any like what happened to me 15 minutes ago you broke it polishing :lol: oh well i think it looks better with out it! great flames!

Yes that's what happened! I don't really mind it this way, though.

#6 Mal.au

Mal.au

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:08 AM

Hi Guys
Excuse my stupidity but what kit is that

Nice job on the Flames that looks so cool

Mal

#7 JayVee

JayVee

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:01 AM

Hi Guys
Excuse my stupidity but what kit is that

Nice job on the Flames that looks so cool

Mal

Thanks, it's the Revell '37 Ford Sedan kit. It's still available from some of the internet stores.

#8 mikelo

mikelo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Lomaka

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:02 AM

Yes that's what happened! I don't really mind it this way, though.

And I removed mine to look like the one piece glass that is available for them. You can always say you did it on purpose!

#9 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,880 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:38 AM

... the lovely interior with the on-the-money choice of colors and style...shiny mag wheels (oversized but traditional 5-slots were the perfect choice IMHO) buried inside the fenders on the oh-so-right slammed stance, glossy black paint to show off the stunning flame job, and nicely detailed chassis and engine (more pics?) all make this streamlined baby a sweet, sweet contemporary rod build...

B.

Ditto times two! That's a fantastic model in all respects. Contest winning material right there.

#10 Raul_Perez

Raul_Perez

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:43 AM

Ahhhhh... So Nice! The stance is pretty much the same as your mockup. I enjoyed the tail end of your W.I.P. post to see how you got there. As always, the lovely interior with the on-the-money choice of colors and style is buried inside the body. Perhaps you could post a pic so folks could appreciate that tasty detail. Anyway, shiny mag wheels (oversized but traditional 5-slots were the perfect choice IMHO) buried inside the fenders on the oh-so-right slammed stance, glossy black paint to show off the stunning flame job, and nicely detailed chassis and engine (more pics?) all make this streamlined baby a sweet, sweet contemporary rod build...
B.

Bernard,
You should be a writer for one of our more favored model magazines! Great review!!

Ditto times two! That's a fantastic model in all respects. Contest winning material right there.

Yep, I agree with Harry, too!! This one make me want to break out a few of my '37 Fords and get busy on the bench!! :rolleyes:

#11 JayVee

JayVee

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:34 PM

Thanks guys, here are some photos of the chassis, engine, and interior that were taken during the build process:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image