#1 Jairus

Jairus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Full Name:Jairus

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:29 PM

I finished another one, an Indy car this time driven by Johnny Boyd back in 1967.
The “PRESTONE Special” unfortunately retired after only 6 laps due to an untimely accident. The car here is based on an original Lancer mold. Besides paint, this car features decals placed inside using decal set prior to painting, a fully detailed driver and many separate detail pieces. The coolest of those pieces are the turned aluminum injector stacks, which are available through “Parts by Parks”. ( http://www.scaledreams.com/PARTSBY.HTM )
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 jbwelda

jbwelda

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,010 posts
  • Full Name:William Just

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:52 AM

another cool one jarius!

you still paint on the inside of the body? ive found that doesnt really suit me, kind of looks funny with a 2" scale clear coat and i never could get the proper finish, plus it seems like all my clear bodies have yellowed with age. also details seem to be more crisp if painted on outside.

but it doesnt seem like you got any of those issues here, great looking paint job!

#3 jbwelda

jbwelda

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,010 posts
  • Full Name:William Just

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:52 AM

oops sorry for the second post

#4 Dave Mikrut

Dave Mikrut

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Full Name:Dave Mikrut

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:47 AM

Looks almost too pretty to race. When it comes to slotcars, I'm diggin the mechanics to, can we see the undersides of this beyooty! Dave Mikrut

#5 Jairus

Jairus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Full Name:Jairus

Posted 03 September 2006 - 04:23 AM

Soooperdave,
Sorry but I did that one for a customer and the car is gone. Didn't take pictures of the chassis but it was an inline drive 4 rail brass chassis with a solid drop. Motor is a Mubachi with a champion shim, tradeship endbell and some powerful arm I was not too sure about.
The builder did a nice job except for the pink Parma ring gear and guide...

:roll:

Dave, could I get you to post your first and last name in the Profile section of this forum please? Thank you!

#6 chris4q

chris4q

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:25 AM

I finished another one, an Indy car this time driven by Johnny Boyd back in 1967.

brilliant work Jairus :lol: