#21 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,057 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Joe

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

Correct. There was an existing topic on the exact same kit, so I merged your post with this existing topic, which then bumps the topic up when a new post is added.

Oh, so this zombie is all Your fault :P

Edited by Joe Handley, 31 July 2012 - 02:34 PM.

#22 iBorg

iBorg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

I really want to find one of these for a Pro Stocker. See http://www.modelcars...1&hl=challenger

I've got everything but the Lindberg Challenger. I can't believe I'm looking for a Lindberg kit..... :unsure:

#23 ratnasty

ratnasty

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Full Name:Chuck Naylor

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:14 PM

check out this thread that iborg posted.............http://www.modelcars...1&hl=challenger............. Rodger did a 1970 Challenger from the AMT and I did a 1971 with the Lindberg kit . Vaughn Hart made the 1971 conversion kit and I now see he does the 1972-73 conversion kit with will up grade this kit a bunch

ChuckPosted Image

#24 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:43 AM

Anyone know how close demensionally the old MPC kits are compared to the Lindberg kit.?
The vinyl top pattern on the AMT kit has turned me off to use it as a starting base

I have a few of the MPC pro stock challenger hoods and was wondering how well the hood will match up with the Lindberg body.
I have maybe 3 or 4 MPC 1972-73 builtup bodies but starting with fresh new plastic might be a better option.

Chuck,
Are the yellow side panels on that body painted or decals ?

Does anyone do the flame type side panel decals to do an accurate 71 Missle car?

Edited by gtx6970, 02 August 2012 - 01:45 AM.

#25 ratnasty

ratnasty

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Full Name:Chuck Naylor

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

Hi Bill the yellow side panels were printed on ink jet decal white paper and I airbrushed yellow over it with paint because I was not happy with the color .This was the old way of doing it before I got my Alps printer. Now I can use Cady decals and make a white underlay for his decals

In reference to the flames of sorts ,they actually go onto a 1970 Callenger

Posted Image

Posted Image

Slixx decals aren't that bad you just have to make a 2 tone yellow to red panel for the car

Posted Image

Chuck

Edited by ratnasty, 04 August 2012 - 01:49 PM.

#26 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:39 AM

Thanks Chuck,
I need to proof read my typing better, I knew it was the 70 and somehow typed 71 . :wacko:

And thanks, I wasn't aware Slixx was doing the 1970 flame car sheet.
And I have a cady sheet for the 71 but I think it's scaled more for a 1/24th scale body ??????

plus I have a couple of the Harts Parts resin 71 challenger conversions and using the lindberg body over the AMT comglomeration might be a better option,, at least for me anyway . Although I seem to be staying more in the mid sixties era cars at the moment so god only knows when I'll get back into a 70's era kick