WIP: Voodoo Rider Chopper (More rake 8/17)

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Stingray69

Stingray69

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 10:12 PM

Well it seems you guys like WILD so I've decided to start my other chopper. This one will be well detailed and customized. So far I took the skull air cleaner and attatched the handle bars to it. I may scratch new bars later... The triple trees are from the aces wild kit, I used the the trees from this kit (crusader) on my other bike for more of the rider friendly look. I want this one to make the woman and children cry when its done :D I plan on using some brass on it (what else is new, lol) for the old school sissy bar, and possible a new tank. All chrome will be stripped and rechromed with alclad.

Early mock up:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This will be a slow project, the pro mod comes first!

#2 Wildrice

Wildrice

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • Full Name:Bobby Boggs
    Proud Member of NWVMM Club

Posted 13 August 2006 - 04:14 AM

Good start Tommy. Looks like the makings of a wild HD.

#3 Mr. Metallic

Mr. Metallic

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 04:52 AM

Those wires look pretty nice. I am assuming they are from the kit? 2 halves? Or can I hope for 2 halves of spokes and 2 outer rims?

#4 Stingray69

Stingray69

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 02:47 PM

Those wires look pretty nice. I am assuming they are from the kit? 2 halves? Or can I hope for 2 halves of spokes and 2 outer rims?

Yes they are from the kit, both chopper kits come with a set. They are just 2 halves but still are quite nice.

#5 Stingray69

Stingray69

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 03:58 PM

I decided to fool around with this one today a little. I gave it more of an extreme rake by extending the triple trees, a little more works needs to be done at the top of the frame where the trees connect. I am building my own tank out of brass... I really want something different so I have no idea what its going to look like.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I know at this point I want to chrome the rear fender... possibly the frame too but I don't want to over do it.