31 replies to this topic

#21 CB

CB

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:23 PM

######'n makin oil spots and burn out streeks is no problem. The oil spots can be done w/ thined out artists acrylics. (or other paint) and the burn marks can be done as you said or by using a tire dipped in paint and dragged for a bit then airbrushed along the edges to look like rubber dust.

Hey Gramps, I was jest bein crazy ol' ######'n :lol: talkin bout chuckin a slick and doin a 'real' burnt out--heck, tha'd rip that tar paper right now! You ever done that, draggin the tire dipped in paint? sounds perfect! coz as the paint got scraped off the tire, it would put less paint down on the 'asphalt' kinda like how a real burnout fades away. As fer the the oil spots, I agree, acrylic'll work and it'd probly be the best, specially for me coz I tend to get just a little (well, OK.......a lot :blink: ) carried away. I was thinkin that ifn ya, or me, used some oil based paint, thinned out with turp or thinner, it would 'bleed' kinda like the 1:1 stuff, but doin that on tar paper, being a pertoleum porduct anyhow, it mike look like the Valdeez done beached there :lol:

#22 Guest_Gramps-xrds_*

Guest_Gramps-xrds_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:01 PM

Hey Gramps, I was jest bein crazy ol' ######'n :lol: talkin bout chuckin a slick and doin a 'real' burnt out--heck, tha'd rip that tar paper right now! You ever done that, draggin the tire dipped in paint? sounds perfect! coz as the paint got scraped off the tire, it would put less paint down on the 'asphalt' kinda like how a real burnout fades away. As fer the the oil spots, I agree, acrylic'll work and it'd probly be the best, specially for me coz I tend to get just a little (well, OK.......a lot :D ) carried away. I was thinkin that ifn ya, or me, used some oil based paint, thinned out with turp or thinner, it would 'bleed' kinda like the 1:1 stuff, but doin that on tar paper, being a pertoleum porduct anyhow, it mike look like the Valdeez done beached there :blink:

I tried both ways today, The tire drag seemed to work the best, (used artist acrylic, then wiped my finger the length of it) along w/ some thinned black lacquer sprayed along the sides, and it looks ok. I also put some oil spots where cars would have been sitting. (same thinned black acrylic) Now I'm about ready to tear it down and find some place to store it, cause it takes up too much room in the garage. :blink: :lol: :lol:

#23 Guest_Gramps-xrds_*

Guest_Gramps-xrds_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:43 PM

whadaya thing about dry brushing some blue red & yellow in a swirly type pattern on the oil spots to create the Rainbow effect og the real deal?

That's gettin a little carried away :lol: :blink: :lol:

#24 CB

CB

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:48 AM

I tried both ways today, The tire drag seemed to work the best, (used artist acrylic, then wiped my finger the length of it) along w/ some thinned black lacquer sprayed along the sides, and it looks ok. I also put some oil spots where cars would have been sitting. (same thinned black acrylic) Now I'm about ready to tear it down and find some place to store it, cause it takes up too much room in the garage. :o :blink: :lol:

You actully tried the chucked up slick? :blink: Gramps! yer gonna get as whacked out as me! :D ###### shame you gotta store that scene. Wonder if mebbe there's some place in yer neck of the woods that you could set it up where other kids (of all ages) could see it, with some of yer awesome rods - just not them pink'uns - and mebbe it'd get some of 'em interested in this great hobby of ours.

#25 CB

CB

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:58 AM

whadaya thing about dry brushing some blue red & yellow in a swirly type pattern on the oil spots to create the Rainbow effect og the real deal?

Good idea Led, li'l over the top, but........reminds me of an incindent bout 6 years ago. I'd gottn PFAd outa my marriange, was back at the poleese station to get my guns back and had to go back outside to wait for the sarge or sumpin. There was this cherry lookin Chevelle sittin there. Couple cops come out to it, didn't see me and next thing I know the one is down on the ground with a quart of oil, pourin it on the groound underneath that cherry 396! Bout that time they both saw me, and looked like they was busted! They said they was pullin a trick on their buddie who owned the Chevvy.
Nice guys! :D I do gotta admit, tha's a good one, long as he aint gots a weak heart!

#26 Guest_Gramps-xrds_*

Guest_Gramps-xrds_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:45 AM

Me and ornery friend did that to a guys harley in the parking lot at the plant all the time. We also did it to a guys new rebuilt engine in his truck. It was the first time he drove it to work and boy was he hot when he saw all that oil we pored under it.He was afraid to try and drive it home till we told him what we did.Then he was ready to kill us :o ;) :lol:

#27 evilone

evilone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:17 PM

yo bro very clean diorama
and could you hook it up with that 60 chevy fleetside?

#28 Guest_Gramps-xrds_*

Guest_Gramps-xrds_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:46 PM

yo bro very clean diorama
and could you hook it up with that 60 chevy fleetside?

Hook it up ??? could you elaborate a bit ;) :D :blink: I'm afraid Evil that I only learned english back when :blink: :blink: :P

#29 evilone

evilone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:38 PM

Hook it up ??? could you elaborate a bit :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm afraid Evil that I only learned english back when :D :D ;)

do you have another kit like it and would you trade it
if not what do you want for that there pick em' up truck

#30 Guest_Gramps-xrds_*

Guest_Gramps-xrds_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2008 - 03:13 PM

Oh ok I understand now. I'm afraid that's the only one I have ol bud. I'm thinkin I'll hang onto it for now. I sorta have a collection of some trucks. Sorry :lol: :lol:

#31 evilone

evilone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:35 AM

Oh ok I understand now. I'm afraid that's the only one I have ol bud. I'm thinkin I'll hang onto it for now. I sorta have a collection of some trucks. Sorry :blink: :o

:( :angry: ######
cool it looks awsome
it seems that those are hard to find
i have a real 63 c-20 long bed big window that im planning on making into a rat rod or a lowrider and i want to model them first so i dont mess up the real thing but i cant find any of those kits anywhere unless i go through evilbay which im not going to do they ripped me off of $150
so screw them

#32 Guest_Gramps-xrds_*

Guest_Gramps-xrds_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:46 PM

:P :D ######
cool it looks awsome
it seems that those are hard to find
i have a real 63 c-20 long bed big window that im planning on making into a rat rod or a lowrider and i want to model them first so i dont mess up the real thing but i cant find any of those kits anywhere unless i go through evilbay which im not going to do they ripped me off of $150
so screw them

Ouch, that's a lot of money to loose. I have never bought anything from them, but the wife has bought a few things. PPL on there think the stuff they got is made of gold. :lol: :lol: :lol: