JamesW

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Full Name:James WastaWTF

Curb Appeal M.C.C. President

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:47 PM

I'm looking for the resin crew cab (4 door) conversion for the AMT Chevy c3500 Dooley kit. Does anyone know who casts that piece?

#2 Jairus

Jairus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Full Name:Jairus

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:45 AM

Ron Cash used to specialize in those duel cab conversions back .... sheesh TWENTY years ago! Though, you didn't say what year your truck is.
1955 was the first 3500 I believe....
Doubt that Ron is still making them tho... but someone might have taken the masters off his hands so I don't quite know the answer to your question.
I went through my contacts, Hendrix, R&R, Perry's, Aardvark and Modelhaus' web site is down.
Sorry dude.

Frankly, for the cost of two kits... you could make your own more cheaply by cutting up two cabs and pasting the big half's together. :mellow:

Edited by Jairus, 12 July 2008 - 04:46 AM.

#3 Gregg

Gregg

da Big Kahuna

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,427 posts
  • Full Name:Gregg Hutchings

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:42 PM

Sorry to say that Ron passed away last year.
Don't know what happened to molds/masters.
Maybe the Toledo boys know?

#4 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,855 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:16 PM

B) Sorry to hear Ron Cash has passed away.Is their something about resin casting thats dangerous? Is it neccesary to wear protective clothing or breathing apparatus? Seems like alot of resin casters over the years have succumed to some sort of illness.Is the old Art Anderson article that I heard about, the one in which he tells of why he quit casting available to read anywhere?It seems like it couldn't hurt to know what the guys who bring us some of our favorite cast resin kits go thru to do it.

#5 JamesW

JamesW

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Full Name:James WastaWTF

Curb Appeal M.C.C. President

Posted 13 July 2008 - 05:01 AM

Ron Cash used to specialize in those duel cab conversions back .... sheesh TWENTY years ago! Though, you didn't say what year your truck is.
1955 was the first 3500 I believe....
Doubt that Ron is still making them tho... but someone might have taken the masters off his hands so I don't quite know the answer to your question.
I went through my contacts, Hendrix, R&R, Perry's, Aardvark and Modelhaus' web site is down.
Sorry dude.

Frankly, for the cost of two kits... you could make your own more cheaply by cutting up two cabs and pasting the big half's together. :)

Thanks Jairus for the info, I did forget to mention the year. I believe it is a 1996. I seen them a couple times on ebay, but the prices got ridiculously high. If I were to slice and dice, I would screw it up royaly, LOL, (still a beginner in that aspect). If you happen to think of another caster that would make a kit for that year, please let me know.

Edited by grimreaper, 13 July 2008 - 05:21 AM.

#6 Drago

Drago

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Full Name:Alexandre Täschner

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:51 AM

Sorry to hear Ron Cash has passed away.

Frankly, for the cost of two kits... you could make your own more cheaply by cutting up two cabs and pasting the big half's together.

That's exactly what I did...
Posted Image
Posted Image

This project still need an interior (it will be from a ’64 Impala) and an engine (probably a LT5/ZR1 Corvette)
<_<

Edited by Drago, 15 July 2008 - 04:08 AM.

#7 Dragon7665

Dragon7665

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:22 PM

Sorry to hear Ron Cash has passed away.
That's exactly what I did...
Posted Image
Posted Image

This project still need an interior (it will be from a ’64 Impala) and an engine (probably a LT5/ZR1 Corvette)
:lol:

Wow that's HAWT Bro! :rolleyes: I picked up a resin one from EvilBey last year, but it needs alot of work! I believe part of it was broken en transit to me, mainly cause that area was just too thin & flimsy(Cost too much for the Quality, but no help from the Pal on that)....

#8 Marcelspeed

Marcelspeed

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 06:13 PM

Hey Drago the crew cab looks good. May i ask where the wheels came from.

#9 Drago

Drago

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Full Name:Alexandre Täschner

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:01 AM

Hi Marcel. The wheels came from an Italeri old truck kit. Try to seek some built kit as a donor at e-bay or perhaps with some friend!

#10 rollinoldskoo

rollinoldskoo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Full Name:Gilbert Rodrigues

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:56 PM

check this topic out..... more info on the same subject :D

http://www.modelcars...showtopic=11326

i got one in the works too anyway ;)

Posted Image