#21 mistermodel

mistermodel

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Full Name:KEVIN YORKE

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:09 PM

Great trucks.I saw Tyrone's fleet(including the whale) at a car show once.He even had a corvette"smokey"to complement the trucks.Now you have to build his first racer,"the boss truck of america".I think there was an old coe White with a rear mount aircraft 12 cylinder engine that toured with him, later on.I may have a pic of it trailered behind one of the coe's.I have pics of "the boss truck of america"with both paint jobs and matching carrier,if some one wants me to post them.I also have a "matchbox" bandit toy.I love these trucks.Does anyone know what became of them?
KEVIN

#22 Mr mopar

Mr mopar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts
  • Full Name:Doug Spencer

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:24 AM

Hey Bill did you ever mold up the tires from the transporters?

#23 ewaskew

ewaskew

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • Full Name:Earl Miller

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

I saw, and had a bit of a hand in, the AMT Super Boss/Bandag Bandit kit as it got started. I was at AMT Corporation the Monday before Labor Day in 1977, to deliver a bunch of builtups for box art and other purposes, when Tyrone Malone pulled up, and unloaded SB from Papa Truck, and proceeded to demonstrate the rig in AMT's employee parking lot, and out on Maple Road. I came home with a deal to scratch up a Super Boss, for the 1978 HIAA Trade Show display--talk about a task back in the days before Evergreen was available everywhere! Building that rear bodywork was indeed a challenge, as was cutting and stretching two 8V71's to get the V12, then making up the turbocharging setup, and that exhaust system. It sure was fun laying out all the red and blue graphics on the white finish, as AMT hadn't started on decal artwork yet. Even more fun was listening to Malone's describing his first "claim to fame", a "frozen" sperm whale, "Willie, the Freeze-Dried Whale", that he toured around to shopping center openings all over the country for several years, housed in a 40' semi trailer.

BTW, Super Boss was simply thunderously LOUD at full throttle, and the black exhaust? Awesome.

Art

Cool Jod Art
Maybe you could contact someone on a reissue of all four kits Hint,Hint, LOL
It would be nice if they came back on the market.

#24 Mr mopar

Mr mopar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

It sure would be nice to see again!

#25 Dominik

Dominik

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts
  • Full Name:Dominik Weitzer

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

It sure would be nice to see again!

..if this would be tru, i will order both of them - Papa and Hideout Truck incl. Bandag and Boss. I LOVE these trucks!

#26 freshawk

freshawk

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Full Name:Brian M Lasky

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

I rode in the super boss in 1985 or 6 , my uncle brought him in to celebrate the opening of a new wing on his shop. My grandfather and father received kits for the super boss and bandag bandit. i still to this day wish to find either or of these kits. nice job on those , i only hope to get a shot at one of these rare birds soon! 

#27 Mr mopar

Mr mopar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

I rode in the super boss in 1985 or 6 , my uncle brought him in to celebrate the opening of a new wing on his shop. My grandfather and father received kits for the super boss and bandag bandit. i still to this day wish to find either or of these kits. nice job on those , i only hope to get a shot at one of these rare birds soon! 

I to had a ride in the super boss in 1981 , it was a full 1/8th mile burn that truck sure was noisy but I loved it.