#21 coopdad

coopdad

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Full Name:John G.

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:22 AM

get yerself aquanted with the modeling group hes in, S.P.A.M. (sick puppies automotive modelers). Good bunch of guys. They meat once a month in maryville at the hobby lobby. Thanks. Jody

Does SPAM have a website? I would like to know more.
John

Edited by coopdad, 30 January 2009 - 04:22 AM.

#22 Smart-Resins

Smart-Resins

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • Full Name:Jody

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:19 AM

Unfortunately, S.P.A.M. did not have a web site. You can ask Jeff (bowtie) perhaps on contact info, or stop at the LHS in Sevierville on the stretch by the exotic pet shop. He will give ya the info. I had his contact info, but when my hard drive crashed on my computer, I lost it. Thanks. Jody

#23 bowtie1

bowtie1

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff Marsh

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:55 AM

Sorry Guys can not help ya on the model club! Bill at Smokey Mountain Hobbies can tell you what you need! It is located across from the adult store sexy stuff in Seiverville, Great guy he builds mainly military models but he is a blast!!!!!!!!!! Jeff.

#24 Smart-Resins

Smart-Resins

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • Full Name:Jody

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:49 AM

it took me some time, but this should be Montys contact if its still good, mrlowans@wmconnect.com (865)397-9870 just let him know you are interested in S.P.A.M. and that Jody sent ya to him. Thanks, Jody

#25 jarheadndn

jarheadndn

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:18 PM

ill be at the cookeville show too. it aint but about 7 mins from my house. dont thank ill have any builds for it but like to go and look. hope to run into some of ya'll. i aint real hard to miss.

hopefully it want snow this year. cuz it was nice and cold, and snowy.

but would be interested in meeting some of ya'll!!!

#26 ffreak

ffreak

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Full Name:Danny Edwards

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:06 PM

ill be at the cookeville show too. it aint but about 7 mins from my house. dont thank ill have any builds for it but like to go and look. hope to run into some of ya'll. i aint real hard to miss.

hopefully it want snow this year. cuz it was nice and cold, and snowy.

but would be interested in meeting some of ya'll!!!

Hello all. I am Danny and I am from Dayton Tn., about 30 miles north of Chatt.. I know Monty and Jeff also. I've met them all at the various shows. Very tallented guys and great to talk with and share ideas. Hope to see more of you at the shows in the future.
Thanks, Danny

#27 jarheadndn

jarheadndn

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:38 AM

well if anybody sees this before they head to the show tomorrow, ill have on a big red Marine Corps shirt. id like to met as many of ya'll as i can!!!

hpe to run into a few of you.

#28 Olle F

Olle F

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:00 AM

I'm definitely planning to go. I'll be the one dressed like a slob and with a Swedish accent. :P

#29 garryrenfro

garryrenfro

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Full Name:Garry

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:46 PM

I live in Greeneville,TN. I have been building models since 1959, except for most of the 70's when I was going to college and beginning a career.
Garry Renfro, old guy on the river

#30 mountaindewd

mountaindewd

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Full Name:Les

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:24 PM

My name is Les, I live in Chattanooga. Mostly, I am interested in trucks, pro street and pro touring. I just got back into building about 2 yrs ago after a 11 -12 year hiatus. Have been building mainly trucks since although I have a couple unfinished prostreet projects from back before the break and a couple of pro tourings planned. Sure wish I had read this before today, I might've driven up for it. Maybe next year. Any other shows or clubs in the area sharing similar interest, I am not into military at all.

Ya'll take care,
Les

#31 chris kauffman

chris kauffman

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:29 PM

My name is chris kauffman and I am from hendersonville, just about 20 miles north of nashville.

Chris

#32 chris kauffman

chris kauffman

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

My name is chris kauffman and I am from hendersonville, just about 20 miles north of nashville.

Chris

#33 chris kauffman

chris kauffman

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Chris

#34 ffreak

ffreak

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Full Name:Danny Edwards

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:44 PM

My name is Les, I live in Chattanooga. Mostly, I am interested in trucks, pro street and pro touring. I just got back into building about 2 yrs ago after a 11 -12 year hiatus. Have been building mainly trucks since although I have a couple unfinished prostreet projects from back before the break and a couple of pro tourings planned. Sure wish I had read this before today, I might've driven up for it. Maybe next year. Any other shows or clubs in the area sharing similar interest, I am not into military at all.

Ya'll take care,
Les

Hello Les. My name is Danny and I am the President of the CARS model club of Chatt. I live in Dayton. Drop me an email and i'll let you know about the club and our meeting times. Sounds like you would fit right in with the rest of us.
email: ferrarifreak.1@charter.net
Thanks, Danny Edwards

#35 dwc43

dwc43

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts
  • Full Name:D.W.

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:01 PM

I'm from Shelbyville, Tn. About an hour south of Nashville.

#36 GHoneycutt

GHoneycutt

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:42 PM

saw a builder was from Sparta TN, but cant remember his screen name. i live in Cookeville/Algood, and grew up in Sparta!! was just wonderin if anybody else was in the great state of TN!!

I'm from Roan Mountain, TN. now living in Richmond VA.

#37 coopdad

coopdad

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Full Name:John G.

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:48 AM

The Cookeville show as GREAT! I would say the automotive was 3/4 of the models entered. Check out Bobby's pix (I was having too much fun to take pix):
click here.

And another Tennessee show is coming up March 28 in Knoxville. Their website has not updated since 2008 so I uploaded their pdf to my site:
click here
I hope to make it but my son's Cub Scout Pinewood derby race is also Saturday.

Lastly, here are two links to TN club listings :
click here
and here
John

#38 Sixgunner68

Sixgunner68

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Full Name:Everett Ford

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

Originally from Michigan, but moved to Cleveland, TN in 1995 and have worked in Chattanooga since 2000. I have an interest in alot of different modeling subjects (cars, trucks, armour, planes, etc.), and even if I am not into a particular subject, i can still appreciate the work that someone has put into their project. We are currently in between homes, so all my modeling stuff is in storage. Looking forward to settling in to our new home and getting back to modeling. It's been aboout 6 or 7 years since I have completed a model, of course the fact that I keep starting new ones might be part of the problem. Currently planning on getting in on Dr. Cranky's Post Apocalypse CBP if time allows.

Everett

#39 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,938 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

l was born in chicago but have lived here in west tn for 30 years now. Glad to see l am not alone here in tn building....Slusher

#40 Blackout Racing

Blackout Racing

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Peak

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

Vic here, live in Tellico Plains, been building since 68, like all types of cars, build mostly DRAG and then some STREET stuff.

Later,
Vic