4 replies to this topic

#1 engine32

engine32

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 04:26 PM

Hello all, just wanted to introduce myself. I recently got back into truck modeling and have almost completed my first build in years. It is a GMC Astro with an AMT Texaco tanker. I also have a 2002 Pete 359 re-issue and a Kenworth cabover to start on. I'm planning on a flatbed for one, and then I may try to scratch build a Pitts log trailer for the other. I enjoy very much looking at your work, it was looking at Tim Ahlborn's site that inspired me in the first place. I drove trucks for about 15 years before getting into Construction and then firefighting. I'll be around building, when I get some pictures I'll get my kids to show me how to post them.

#2 Guest_Anthony Oteri_*

Guest_Anthony Oteri_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2006 - 04:55 PM

Welcome to the board. Thanks for the comments on my Brockway. Since those photos were taken I have done a little "tinkering" with it. I will post new shots when it is all done.

#3 mackinac359

mackinac359

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • Full Name:Tim Ahlborn

Posted 01 September 2006 - 11:38 PM

Welcome!

Tim

#4 FIREMODELMAN

FIREMODELMAN

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Full Name:David Parsley

Posted 02 September 2006 - 07:02 AM

WELCOME engine32, do you also build fire app?? i'd like to see 'em if you have any... thats about all i build anymore, look at my fotki site to see some... hope you get the camera back soon, dave.

#5 engine32

engine32

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 04:57 PM

I have an old ALF Aero Chief that has been at our firehouse for years. It's in bad shape so I thought I would eventually try to restore it. I have also gotten all our spec sheets for my station's trucks which are a 2003 Pierce Enforcer mid-mount pumper and a 2003 E-One Cyclone 100' quint. Here's a link to our pics. http://www.kleinfire...ons/station_32/ I know that is the ugliest color for firetrucks, but we keep thinking if we leave them in the sun for a while they'll eventually ripen up. :D I'll have to scratch build most of them, but if I can get parts from these guys when they get going again, It'll be a lot easier. http://www.frmnco.com/ At least our colors will be easy to duplicate, since the manufacturers stamped the Dupont numbers on the inside of the cabs for us. They'll take a while to do I'm sure, but it sure will be fun.