This model brings back so many memories!

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

#1 cruz

cruz

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,585 posts
  • Full Name:Marcos Cruz

Posted 03 September 2006 - 02:55 PM

http://public.fotki....6/dscn4651.html Just love these Anglias. I painted this one Tangelo which is one of the colors from the wal-mart House of kolor paints. For some reason I thought the orange would be brighter, they tell me I got the wrong paint in the can! :shock:

#2 mannyclub

mannyclub

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Full Name:Craig H.

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:04 PM

thats sweet marcos! what color base did you use?
Manny

#3 cruz

cruz

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:16 PM

Thanks Manny, I used their 3 step system which is the white base first followed by the base color which is Tangelo and Clear coat from the system. To tell you the truth I think that this is what Tangelo is suppose to be, something like a butterscoth look but I was talking with Billy Stillwagon which is one of the most awesome painters I have known and he told me that I might have grabbed a defective or wrong colored can. What do you or anybody else think? I mean, I am happy it came out like this because it is an unusual color but can anybody out there tell me if they have used this paint and Tangelo color?

#4 mannyclub

mannyclub

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:22 PM

I dont think you grabbed the wrong can at all. The base coat is what is gonna bring out the color! If you would have used maybe silver you would see a big difference. I dont use there cans so not to sure about them. I buy all HOK by the qt. and gal.
Maybe next time try a diferent base coat on a scrap body. I like to use copper, gold and silver depending on the color im going to paint.
Manny

#5 cruz

cruz

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:31 PM

Just to let you know when I purchased the system it states that you should use the white base for pearls and the silver for candies. I don't usually use these paints from House of color but this is a line of paints that wal-mart was selling and I decided to use them. You make a lot of sense when you say that I have to make sure to use the right base but I used what the system reccomended. Like I said I am happy with the results, my big doubt is if anybody has used the same color and what did they come up with. Thanks for your concern man! 8)

#6 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,804 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:39 PM

Cruz, you may not think so........but I think this is one of the best ones you've built! :)

Posted Image

Getting those doors on and getting them to operate correctly is a trifle difficult on those old tool kits. Stance is nice too for a car that's about to launch down the line! 8)

#7 mannyclub

mannyclub

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:41 PM

Ya ive read about the steps for them. but still depends on what base.
The color yours came out does look sweet though i like it!
Sometimes ya just cant follow there directions. lol
The walmart HOK is like a generic type of it. its also like and enamel.

your welcome no problem just my own opinion.

Manny

#8 cruz

cruz

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:59 PM

Thanks Manny. Hey bill, it took a lot of fitting and testing to get this one done. Those rear tires and rims are from a Hot Rod Celica from I believe Hasegawa or Fujimi and the front rims are from a resin cast from Norm after I Alcladed them. A lot of other parts were also Alcladed, these kits are a nightmare with their crazy and full of mold lines chrome. :roll: