4 replies to this topic

#1 phil hibbler

phil hibbler

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 03:27 PM

need some help in detailing my fuel cell can someone show me some pic? ;)

#2 phil hibbler

phil hibbler

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:31 PM

the street race king needs pics of fuel cells? with a name like that i would think you would be the one we would go to for such information.

Dave

yas i know dave ;) but i dont have one in my 1:1 rs and yes i looked in jags but i need to c what the bast way to detale tham ? :D

#3 phil hibbler

phil hibbler

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:29 PM

theres not too much to detail really. the cap is usually either black or red with a silver colored retaining ring around it. the cells are typically black plastic these days, but were also molded in red and in a few cases a semi-translucent off white plastic. the straps should be made from steel or maybe aluminum. the top of the cell should have a vent and a return line fitting. the bottom should have 2 outlet fittings. i think it's an NHRA requirement to have a steel plate covering the bottom of the cell if it has a sump that sticks down below or through the trunk floor. some current classes are running front mounted fuel cells with the fuel pump submerged inside.

i like to use Jegs catalog's for reference when building my drag models as well as many internet sources and going to the track. my 1:1 '71 Dart has a 12 gallon fuel cell mounted in the trunk as well.

Dave

good help dave one day i will b geting a fuel cell in my rs but the guy at the speed shop said i dont need one. i have a 383 in my rs but i will get on one day and maybe one day we can race only on the streets :lol: good help

#4 mr68gts

mr68gts

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • Full Name:Paul Mendoza

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:27 PM

Here's a pic of the one in my Dart. Just overlook the battery cables lol. Car has been sitting more than driven lately and the teminals are crusty.
It's a crude setup, but it was cheap and is extreamly effective. If it wasn't for it being a street car, the filter would be gone!
Paul
Posted Image

#5 Brent

Brent

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 11:56 AM

Here is how I did my 55 Chevy. Scratch built the tank but used the top of a Nascar tank for detail. The tank was made with thick styrene so I could round all the corners. Add some straps and your done.

Posted Image