#1 Bluzboy66

Bluzboy66

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Forrester

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:56 PM

Has anyone ever dealt with Star Model? I'm interested in purchasing '67 Ford Galaxie 2dr hdtp and '70 Dodge Dart Swinger resin kits, and Star Models has both in stock. I've never heard or dealt with them. Anyone??........

http://www.resinreal...lery/index.html

Mike

#2 Bluzboy66

Bluzboy66

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:16 PM

I've dealt with Steve Kohler, (Star Models), in person & can vouch for his honesty & integrity. So can Bob Black, (awb crazy), & many others on here. Steve is a vendor, not a caster, so he has no control over the quality of what he receives to sell, but he is very upfront & honest about anything he sells. You won't go wrong dealing with him.

:)

Thanks Mark. I figured so.

Mike

#3 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,862 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:27 AM

:lol: By all means,YES. Steve is an upright guy when it comes to his buisness. He's easy to deal with, he'll tell you if it's a harder to work with kit. But, like marc says, he's a VENDOR, not a caster! If theres something wrong with a kit, he'll tell ya, but it's NOT his fault if it ain't right. :P

#4 Aaronw

Aaronw

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts
  • Full Name:Aaron

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:45 AM

Another happy customer. Like Mark said he is just a vendor, the various resin ranges from ehhh, to really nice. If you email him with a list of what you want he will let you know what to expect.

#5 rickcaps55

rickcaps55

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:57 PM

Hi Yes yes yes I am a very happy coustomer i have been getting kits from him for 5 or 6 years now he gets a 10 in fact i just sent him a new order today. ;) Rick.

#6 Gregg

Gregg

da Big Kahuna

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,434 posts
  • Full Name:Gregg Hutchings

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:23 PM

I personally vouch for him.
Known him for many moons

#7 mercuryman

mercuryman

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:39 PM

I bought a 60 ford ranch wagon from Star Models. I was very happy with my purchase. Great casting and Steve was very friendly and helpful. He always returned my emails.

#8 cruzn

cruzn

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:28 PM

Has anyone ever dealt with Star Model? I'm interested in purchasing '67 Ford Galaxie 2dr hdtp and '70 Dodge Dart Swinger resin kits, and Star Models has both in stock. I've never heard or dealt with them. Anyone??........

http://www.resinreal...lery/index.html

Mike

Steve is an Upfront guy. Have been doping business with Him for 9 years when I bought my first resin from Him.
You can email him and ask if he has the tiem in stock and he will get back to You .

#9 Elliot949

Elliot949

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Full Name:Dan Johnston

Posted 01 November 2008 - 09:20 AM

I have known Steve for Close to 20 years... You will not deal with a nicer guy than Steve Kohler (Star Models)... Steve came to one of my Very First Model Swap/ Contest that I produced and has been a STRONG promoter of models ever since...

You can't go wrong with him... But as everyone else has stated... he is just a venue to purchase product and does not actually produce the resins, so anything like an R&R vacumecraft item you are actually dealing with theri quality...

Dan Johnston

#10 Bluzboy66

Bluzboy66

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:46 PM

Thanks for the responses. I'll be ordering from Steve very shortly.

Mike