Raul_Perez

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:39 PM

NICE, NICE NIIICE!!!
MAN THAT'S BEAUTIFUL :blink: :lol: :lol:

I love the way the continuous stripe ties all three together - STUNNING :lol: :lol: SIMPLY STUNNING!! :P

Thanks for posting the pic's - dave :D

Thanks, Dave!! I should be able to get the set done tomorrow and have the final pics posted Under Glass by the end of the day.

Later,

#182 Clay

Clay

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts
  • Full Name:Clay Jones

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:57 AM

Wow Raul, how will you have room for that on your shelf? I got it, send it to me and I will have room on my shelf :)

#183 Bernard Kron

Bernard Kron

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts
  • Full Name:Bernard Kron

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:04 AM

I really like the way this angle shows how the combination of the repositioned front wheels and the seriously pie-cut hood lighten the look of the front of the truck. Here you can also see the removable trailer hitch. Except for the taillights, the license plate and a few other details, this one is almost done.
Posted Image

I agree. the work on the front fender and hood really paid off from this angle (as well as from the front view). Really sophisticated and atrractive surface development. I'm still waiting for the payoff on the backside when you add the detail, as pretty as the basic curvature is! :unsure:

Edited by gbk1, 17 February 2009 - 08:05 AM.

#184 Raul_Perez

Raul_Perez

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:40 AM

Wow Raul, how will you have room for that on your shelf? I got it, send it to me and I will have room on my shelf :unsure:

Actually, I just got a new display case from my friend, Al, so I have PLENTY of room...for now.

Besides, I'm still waiting to see you finish your hauler and trailer for the Avanti. :unsure:

I agree. the work on the front fender and hood really paid off from this angle (as well as from the front view). Really sophisticated and atrractive surface development. I'm still waiting for the payoff on the backside when you add the detail, as pretty as the basic curvature is! :unsure:

Thanks, Bernard!

I may get the back done today on the hauler and the trailer. I'm in the process of making the taillights for both of them. They're made by cutting the custom taillights from the AMT '57 Ford in half, adding a small piece of plastic to finish off the end where they're cut, then BMF and a bit of red paint.

Later,

#185 Clay

Clay

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:26 AM

Actually, I just got a new display case from my friend, Al, so I have PLENTY of room...for now.

Besides, I'm still waiting to see you finish your hauler and trailer for the Avanti. :blink:

I'm working on it. I got the cab worked out I think. But I think I messed up the frame though, trying to get the rims I wanted on it. :blink:

#186 Raul_Perez

Raul_Perez

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:38 AM

I'm working on it. I got the cab worked out I think. But I think I messed up the frame though, trying to get the rims I wanted on it. :blink:

Clay,
Send me an email with some pics of what you've got and I'll see if I can help you get it sorted out.

Later,

#187 Tom Kren

Tom Kren

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Kren

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:34 PM

WOOOOOOOW!!!! LOVE IT both the truck car and trailer!Great job!!!

#188 Clay

Clay

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:50 PM

Clay,
Send me an email with some pics of what you've got and I'll see if I can help you get it sorted out.

Later,

I will when I get a chance. I might just get a lightning kit and do like you did.

#189 Raul_Perez

Raul_Perez

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:40 AM

WOOOOOOOW!!!! LOVE IT both the truck car and trailer!Great job!!!

Thanks, Tom!

I will when I get a chance. I might just get a lightning kit and do like you did.

Let me know if you need any instruction on what I did. I really didn't use all that much from the Lightning kit on the hauler.

Later,

#190 Clay

Clay

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:36 PM

The instruction would help out alot. But I need to get the lightning kit first.