5 replies to this topic

#1 Ray

Ray

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:28 AM

Haven't finished a kit in close to 2 years. Last year was kinda shot with hurricane Katrina and all but finally I'm getting back to the bench. They are not contest winners but that is ok because I just want to get some stuff finished to get the juices flowing again. So far so good.

70 Road Runner, duplicolor garnet red. wheels will be stripped of chrome and painted body color also with chrome dog dish center caps.

67 Impala painted with left over paint that my friend painted his car with. Don't know the brand.

These 2 I'm just having fun with getting back into the swing of building.

The 2005 Corvette will probably be my next out the box contest entry. Depending on how the rest of the build goes. So far it's primed with Cobra Color VX primer, awaiting Cobra Colors Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic. First time spraying these paints and I must say they spray super nice with little to no additional thinning. Take this from a guy who HATES thinning paint to spray through the airbrush.

Posted Image

#2 CraigDaModeler

CraigDaModeler

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 05:12 AM

Gald to see you back at the bench Ray!
Of course build for fun but as far as contests go, never ever count out your work. Clean building goes a long way at a judged contest and you got that part down!
Keep us posted.

#3 Ray

Ray

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:49 AM

For a while there I think I got bogged down trying to get that Steve Boutte and now Craig Naquin paint job. Started to not be fun anymore. I've been pretty successful with taking home some contest hardware with my way, so I figured I'll just keep on truckin with what I like to do and the rest will fall into place. Later, Ray.

#4 ismaelg

ismaelg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Full Name:Ismael E. Gonzalez-Valentin

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:44 AM

Glad to see you back at it!
My favorite is the C6 but that is no surprise :D
Cobra Colors Daytona Sunset Orange is one of my favorite colors. My first C6 was painted that color.
When you work on that Corvette, watch out for the driver's side front wheel. It may not be properly centered in the wheelwell.

Thanks,
Ismael

#5 Ray

Ray

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:49 AM

I remember your build up from the other list. Your car is what made me want the Daytona Orange.

#6 Wildrice

Wildrice

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • Full Name:Bobby Boggs
    Proud Member of NWVMM Club

Posted 08 September 2006 - 05:18 PM

Good to see you back building. Keep us updated on your projects.