5 replies to this topic

#1 Ayatollah

Ayatollah

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 08:49 AM

I've dug this 55 Caddy series 62 ragtop out of mothballs. I need a fifties Cadillac build to keep things cool around here, besides.. .. with the constant rain golfing or riding my '49 pan isn't gonna happen.

It's an R and R
I had to use '56 wheels/tires and steering wheel for this. This gluebomb was fun to build, it's not perfect but I had a blast! I need to put on license plates and mirrors and I'm done with it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 10:13 AM

That's a cool car! 8)

Is that the old Monogram model? Don't see too many of them lately! I would like to get the resin of the '56 Caddy Eldorado Seville.............but they're hard to get unless you can catch up with the Ray (R&R) at one of the major shows.

Were you planning to keep it stock, or make it into something else?

#3 Ayatollah

Ayatollah

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 01:00 PM

That's the R and R. I'm doing a bone stocker with that, I may turn the other one I have into a Eureka hearse
If you want one of the R and R's, try the resin realm.

#4 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 03:40 PM

If you want one of the R and R's, try the resin realm.

Yeah, I talked to Steve Kohler from Star Models a couple weeks ago, and he said that Ray hasn't sent him anything for a while..........He didn't have any of the kits I wanted.

Ray had open heart surgery a while back, and when I last talked to Ray (maybe 3 weeks ago) he said he won't be doing any more of the smaller shows. :(

I was hoping that he would have made it to our show here in PA.....but that's not to be. :( He said that from pretty much from here on out, he's only going to focus on the larger shows, like Toledo, NNL East, Etc.........

There's a number of neat kits he makes I want to get from him! :wink:

#5 Ayatollah

Ayatollah

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:33 AM

I edited the new pics into the first reply.....

I had to use '56 wheels/tires and steering wheel for this. This gluebomb was fun to build, it's not perfect but I had a blast! I need to put on license plates and mirrors and I'm done with it.

#6 Ayatollah

Ayatollah

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:04 AM

Posted Image

Tears, not beers :P