94 replies to this topic

#41 ChrisPflug

ChrisPflug

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:26 PM

Yeah- there doesn't seem to be much going on as far as models on the upper east side of the lower peninsula

I just got called for winter work so I'm stuck on a boat tied up in Sarnia, Canada (across the bridge from Port Huron) for at least the next couple weeks

#42 paularfons

paularfons

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • Full Name:paul

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:57 AM

highland,mi this is just a little north of milford but south of holly,mi . any of you boys from grand blanc and howell let me know if you want to start a model club. we could meet at the highland library's meeting rooms once a month!!!!! i currently drive to the downriver model car club meeting in dearborn on the third friday of the month!!

#43 PatRedmond

PatRedmond

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:04 AM

The more the merrier at Downriver meetings in Dearborn... ;)

#44 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,268 posts
  • Full Name:Charles Donald Eric Richard Jules Kasim Most

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:17 AM

manistee , i think you guys down by livonia and garden city have some great hobby shops.too bad it's a 4 hour drive from here.

Sheesh- and I think the one hour there one hour back haul to Dean's out in Flushing is a pain... :)

#45 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,867 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:39 AM

Model Clubs are COOL Chuck! The one I belong to DMCC, meets once a month, and is a blast. We have guys who come outta northern Ohio just to come an talk Models! We have a GREAT TIME. It's up to how you value your time? If ya think a hour drive ta hang out with OTHER guys who think JUST LIKE YOU is worth it, then that hour ain't that long.Posted Image Posted Image

#46 greggbob

greggbob

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Full Name:Gregg Baldwin

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:49 PM

Tustin here. Halfway between Grand Rapids and Traverse City.

#47 Trans Am Erik

Trans Am Erik

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:48 PM

Heyguys, I'm from Lincoln park, just around the corner from George! I'm a member of the DMCC and DAAM

#48 dannyi

dannyi

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Iacoangeli

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:08 PM

...I'm in Monroe, Michigan's southeast corner.

#49 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,867 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:37 AM

Danny, Your close to us over in Dearborn! We meet the 3rd friday of EVERY month, at 7:00 in the evening at the Dearborn Ice Skateing Center(DISC) on Ford Rd. just East of Mercury Drive. C'mon Up and visit us! we're a pretty cool bunch of guys who like our models!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#50 Kris Morgan

Kris Morgan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Full Name:Kris Morgan

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:33 AM

George is right danny. Good bunch of fellas there. They are even nice ebough to let George in. :lol:

#51 dannyi

dannyi

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:56 AM

...thanks for the invite George and Kris. I will definitely make it a point to stop up. I know of no clubs or groups in my immediate area, so I pretty much do this on my own. Sounds like a good time..........

#52 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,867 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:17 AM

...thanks for the invite George and Kris. I will definitely make it a point to stop up. I know of no clubs or groups in my immediate area, so I pretty much do this on my own. Sounds like a good time..........

Danny, if your interested, ONCE a year, we have a Yard Party type of meeting over at one of the older members house. Bob opens his home to us every Sept. and we have the club meeting at his house. Quite a few guys bring their real cars, an just park them in his backyard(He's gotta BIG yard)
an we kinda have a mini car show,model club meet! It's ALOT of fun, and I GAYRONTEEEE you'd have a GOOD time! Our NEXT meeting is NEXT Friday, at Bob's. Just let me know if you'd like ta come, and i'll send ya the proper directions!!!!<_< ;) ;)

#53 PatRedmond

PatRedmond

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:02 PM

Danny, if your interested, ONCE a year, we have a Yard Party type of meeting over at one of the older members house. Bob opens his home to us every Sept. and we have the club meeting at his house. Quite a few guys bring their real cars, an just park them in his backyard(He's gotta BIG yard)
an we kinda have a mini car show,model club meet! It's ALOT of fun, and I GAYRONTEEEE you'd have a GOOD time! Our NEXT meeting is NEXT Friday, at Bob's. Just let me know if you'd like ta come, and i'll send ya the proper directions!!!!:P B) ;)

George.

I lost MY directions to Bob's. Send them to me, please. :blink::blink::blink::blink:

#54 TurboKitty

TurboKitty

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Full Name:Michelle Blanchard

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:45 PM

old topic I know, lol but I too am a Michigander. I live in a little po-dunk town called Adrian, which is centered about a half hour from Brooklyn (where Michigan International Speedway is) and Toledo, OH. Born & raised in Jackson, and lived in Vandercook, Battle Creek, Bellevue, and Napoleon as well lol. Can't seem to find my way out of the State! lmao

#55 dannyi

dannyi

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:54 PM

an we kinda have a mini car show,model club meet! It's ALOT of fun, and I GAYRONTEEEE you'd have a GOOD time! Our NEXT meeting is NEXT Friday, at Bob's. Just let me know if you'd like ta come, and i'll send ya the proper directions!!!!:P :P ;)

...I'd love to come but will have to make it next time. Going to be out of town for the weekend. I look forward to meeting with you guys though, and plans willing it'll be next month!

Edited by dannyi, 09 September 2010 - 04:55 PM.

#56 dannyi

dannyi

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:01 PM

old topic I know, lol but I too am a Michigander. I live in a little po-dunk town called Adrian, which is centered about a half hour from Brooklyn (where Michigan International Speedway is) and Toledo, OH. Born & raised in Jackson, and lived in Vandercook, Battle Creek, Bellevue, and Napoleon as well lol. Can't seem to find my way out of the State! lmao

....Michelle, you were just a stones throw away from me a few months ago. We moved to Monroe from Petersburg back in March. Know what you mean about finding your way out of here, been trying for years!!..lol

#57 JamesW

JamesW

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Full Name:Inactive

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:55 PM

....Michelle, you were just a stones throw away from me a few months ago. We moved to Monroe from Petersburg back in March. Know what you mean about finding your way out of here, been trying for years!!..lol

I FINALLY did find my way outta Michigan. I was born and raised in Jackson. Moved to PA back in July. BEST thing I coulda ever done.

#58 TurboKitty

TurboKitty

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Full Name:Michelle Blanchard

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:11 PM

I've been to Petersburg a couple times, not really a big place either lol. I went to Dundee while I was out that way recently to see the aftermath of the tornado that hit Cabella's and that water park next door, place still isn't completely cleaned up! I had the chance to possibly move to Costa Mesa, California earlier this year to work for my brother at AnQi Bistro (from the An Family, the same owners of The Crustacean restaurant). That pretty much fell through because I didn't exactly have the means to move out there. Maybe someday lol, he did just change jobs to another pretty big restaurant corp. but I'm not holding my breath lol.

#59 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,867 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:01 AM

WHY would you guys wanna LEAVE??? I been here all my life, been to a few other states an cities, even been ta S.E. Asia an I've ALWAYS come back home. I LOVE it here, we got a BEAUTIFUL state and you guys should be PROUD to be from Michigan! I'll get the proper directions to Bob's house an send them to ya Pat! Hope to see you guys there, it'll be a BLAST!!!:P B) ;)

#60 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,268 posts
  • Full Name:Charles Donald Eric Richard Jules Kasim Most

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:10 AM

I could never leave Michigan's four beautiful seasons... Winter, Almost Winter, Still Winter, and Road Construction. :blink:

:P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: