8 replies to this topic

#1 JdKustomModels

JdKustomModels

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:25 AM

Does anyone know of any companies offering the Mack MR cabs? I have checked just about everywhere and I can't come up with anything, just hoping to get lucky and find 1!!

#2 Aaronw

Aaronw

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts
  • Full Name:Aaron

Posted 24 September 2006 - 05:59 PM

I think MTFAco used to have one so you might check AITM

http://www.aitruckmodels.com/

It is not currently listed but if you email him, he can tell you if it will be available. He has been re-doing the old MTFAco molds and many are not ready yet but will be eventually.

MTFAco also had alot of good fire apparatus detail parts which I understand are available just not listed on the website.

#3 engine32

engine32

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 06:18 PM

I saw one just last week on ebay. It was in a lot of cabs that a guy was selling. He had quite a few lots he was selling. I think he was in Canada. Regardless, I saw a few in what he was selling so I know their out there. He had a few International Eagle cabovers as well.

#4 Mr. Can Am Garage

Mr. Can Am Garage

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 02:34 AM

Does anyone know of any companies offering the Mack MR cabs? I have checked just about everywhere and I can't come up with anything, just hoping to get lucky and find 1!!

I "think" Daniel Gailloux of Plaskit offers it.

It's an undated R series, right?

#5 Guest_Anthony Oteri_*

Guest_Anthony Oteri_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:04 AM

The MR is a low entry cabover that is real popular for trash trucks and even concrete pumpers, it is not an updated R model.

#6 Mr. Can Am Garage

Mr. Can Am Garage

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 12:45 PM

The MR is a low entry cabover that is real popular for trash trucks and even concrete pumpers, it is not an updated R model.

OK then. It's not from Plaskit.

#7 JdKustomModels

JdKustomModels

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 01:06 PM

My "wanting" of that cab is a few FD's in my area (just not my fd) have MR's and wanted models depicting their department so I will try to find one if not many. Thanks for all the help guys I appreciate it. Im hoping to hit many terminals with the net when Im runnin down the 4lanes to keep up with everything. Keep on Modelin!

#8 Guest_Anthony Oteri_*

Guest_Anthony Oteri_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2006 - 02:13 PM

John,
Plaskit has a RD Mack conversion kit which is a hood with a slope to it and rectangular head light lenses. I have built 2 of them in the last year. It does use the Mack R cab (AMT) and requires minor work to the cab. It is a very nice piece.

#9 Mr. Can Am Garage

Mr. Can Am Garage

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:56 AM

John,
Plaskit has a RD Mack conversion kit which is a hood with a slope to it and rectangular head light lenses. I have built 2 of them in the last year. It does use the Mack R cab (AMT) and requires minor work to the cab. It is a very nice piece.

That's the one I was thinking of.