4 replies to this topic

#1 pstreet

pstreet

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:06 PM

picked this kit up because of the box art, and surprisingly was very happy with the kit as well.
super fun build, only things ive added are the sewing thread plug wires, pushpin shifter and the copper stacks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 flatheadgary

flatheadgary

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:26 PM

that's to cool!! nice job on this one. these always looked to me like something the average guy could have built and raced, back in the day.
i really like this one and the long john model. i have been wanting to get these for quite awhile. seems like i am always short of money. :rolleyes:

Edited by flatheadgary, 02 February 2009 - 08:27 PM.

#3 pstreet

pstreet

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:59 AM

that's to cool!! nice job on this one. these always looked to me like something the average guy could have built and raced, back in the day.
i really like this one and the long john model. i have been wanting to get these for quite awhile. seems like i am always short of money. <_<

thanks. yeah definitely an average joe type of dragster, similar to the belly tank salt racers.
the big john kit is by far way more expensive than this one, think i paid 14 for this at my local shop.

#4 Lou Lapham

Lou Lapham

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • Full Name:Lou Lapham

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:43 AM

Nice job.I remember building the original way back when.The car is a composite of mid to late fifties "Slingshot dragsters" but it draws quite a bit from Don Garlits 50's Swap Rat.Monogram did the same thing with the Long John dragster which also draws from an actual car.I've picked up a poorly built original kit which i am rebuilding with modifications to resemble Garlits actual car. Lou

#5 Bernard Kron

Bernard Kron

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts
  • Full Name:Bernard Kron

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:21 AM

Great Old Skool build of an Old Skool kit of an Old Skool Dragster. :lol: