Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jr's 2008 Nationwide Daytona Ride

David Thibodeau

Ok.. so it was Sunday morning... I was stumped on what to work on. I wanted to take a break from the Relic F-1 I was working on. I was looking on Motorsport.com and came across Jr's 2008 Nationwide National Guard car. I had forgotten Thad had sent me decals for this one and the red one he ran at Atlanta.. so, While I was watching qualifying I got to work. I took a 2007 kit, hacked off the front end, replaced it with a resin piece from Back creek resins (skips site), redid the spoiler, added the taxi aero package, redid the side skirts for dual signature E exhaust. Then I primed it, dumped it in the dehydrator for an hour, based it in solid white basecoat. Masked it off and then laid down what has to be the most beautiful blue I have ever shot. HOK Kandy Kobalt Basecoat. Then I cleared it and voila!! All in one day I got a killer stocker going. Oh.... the chassis is done too! :angry::)

House of Kolor paint has to be the best stuff out there.... this thing glows....

P1010036-vi.jpg

P1010037-vi.jpg

DaveT

• 3 weeks later...