6 replies to this topic

#1 MonoPed

MonoPed

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:34 AM

Thought I'd share this with the group, I built this over a 3½ day period just before Christmas to give as a gift. Because of the truncated time table, It is box stock sans a new windshield to replace the badly warped kit piece. The interior is Krylon Pewter Grey and Duplicolor Hotrod Grey primer, trimmed with Tamiya TS-29 semi gloss black and TS-30 silver leaf. The exterior is tamiya TS-16 yellow, right over bare plastic and rubbed with Novus #2. All in all, it's a decent kit, I have another in the pile for myself, once I find the parts I need to finish it off.
Brian

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 mannyclub

mannyclub

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Full Name:Craig H.

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:56 AM

THat is sweet monoped!!! Looks awesome. I have a few of the Mustangs havent got to them yet lol.

Awesome job, specialy for a 3.5 days!!!

Manny

#3 S10man

S10man

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:21 AM

Fantastic job for such a short period of time Brian. Man, it would take me longer than that just to get all the parts sorted out!!!!!!

#4 weasel

weasel

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Full Name:Dick Wessel, hence weasel...

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:07 PM

i'm with Bill.... come on Brian, yer making us look bad!!!!lololol :shock:

#5 Zoom Zoom

Zoom Zoom

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:26 PM

Glad I'm not the only one who can't resist an occasional speed-build. Nice work! It's a fun kit. My last 3 1/2 day build was also the '06 Mustang. I couldn't resist using Cobra Colors Tungsten Gray, great color for the 'Stang. OOB except for wheels/tires/brakes. I wanna build one suitable for track use next.

Posted Image

#6 MonoPed

MonoPed

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:54 PM

Thanx guys!

Sweet lookin' Stang, Bob! How did you get the front down like that?

#7 Zoom Zoom

Zoom Zoom

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:20 PM

Thanks, I mount the brakes to the wheels and do a lot of test-fitting with the model set at the preferred ride height. I generally cut away stub axles and finally glue the wheel/brake unit to the suspension, sometimes it requires some grinding, sometimes some shims. Sometimes it's clean, sometimes it's a hack job :lol: This approach saves me a lot of hassle; I assume from the start that the stock ride height of nearly any given model is going to be unacceptable with whatever custom or stock rims I am going to use (only Tamiya and a few of the newer Fujimi Ferraris and the Gallardo have the suspension setup right). I'd be more careful if I were building for a contest, but generally I build for NNL's and am not worried if people can see the chassis or not :lol:

I also had to grind some of the wheelhousing material away from the Mustang, especially in back.