#1 Ajay

Ajay

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Jones

Posted 08 October 2006 - 06:43 AM

I started this one awhile back - it's the Galaxie kit plus a Replicas & Minatures resin body, I originally sprayed it flat black and intended to use steelies & whitewalls but to me the look somehow didn't gel so I've decided to go for a more contemporary look. I've cleared the black with Mr Hobby super gloss & the rims are Aoshima LDX's with trim rings from their Junction Scara rims. At the moment it's only thrown together which is why nothing lines up very well - it'll be kerbside as I'll have to take liberties with the suspension etc to get the wider rims to fit. I'll post more progress as I make it.
Posted Image
Thanks for looking
Andy

#2 Mr. Metallic

Mr. Metallic

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 09:31 AM

If you wanna go detailed Rick Hanmore wrote an excellent article on making a street rod out of these kits when they came out back in '98. It was in SAE, if you want the exact info I can find it for you. Looks killer already.

BTW, when it's finished I'd love to add it to my Galaxie Ltd 46-48 Chevies album.

http://public.fotki....axie_ltd_46-48/

#3 Ajay

Ajay

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Jones

Posted 08 October 2006 - 10:42 AM

Thanks Craig - I remember the article - it was a light blue Fleetline from memory - & I've got the mag somewhere so I'll dig it out. Here's two Galaxy kits I built awhile back - the pics are not the best as I was still getting used to taking photos - if you'd like me to get some better pics for your album let me know.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Regards
Andy

#4 Mr. Metallic

Mr. Metallic

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 10:35 AM

Those pics are fine. I'd love to include them. Do you have some detail shots to accompany them? if so, email me the pics and I'll add them. Thanks!

#5 JAFFA

JAFFA

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Full Name:Magnus Arpi

Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:59 AM

hey, thats really a good choice o rims, and i like that satin paint, ya aint gonna clearcoat it r ya??

#6 VW Dave

VW Dave

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • Full Name:Vee Doubleyou Dave

Posted 10 October 2006 - 04:57 PM

Andy - The red coupe with the wires and visor really looks the business. 8)