155 replies to this topic

#141 tim boyd

tim boyd

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:56 PM

Tim, do you have any pics to share of the new steel wheels and the backsides of them? i'm very curious as to how easily these may fit something more fitting like the tires from the '40 Ford kit or even the wide whites from the Mercury kit.

Dave

Dave,,,here you go....I can sort of answer your question in reverse....recently I used the Revell stock '48 Ford wheels in these big'n'bigger former Goodyear Blues STreaks and they fit fine...so presumably these would fit the whitewalls in the ProModeler '48 Ford....but I have not tried it myself. Both the front side and rear side of the rims for the larger tires have a deeper offset...More pix at the link...TIM

Posted Image

#142 tim boyd

tim boyd

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 03:04 PM

Real Time Build of new Revell '32 Ford Five Window Coupe kit...Posted Image

Posted Image

Closeups of the decal sheet, new hairpin radius rods, new steering box and linkage, and open steel rim wheels at the link....

Thanks for looking...TIM

#143 JTRACING

JTRACING

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Full Name:James Tremblett

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:57 AM

so what is the password to view these photos?
I was interested in seein whats in the box before i drop some cash on it lol

I click your link but I get this screen....

Posted Image

Edited by JTRACING, 17 August 2009 - 03:57 AM.

#144 rhoadapple

rhoadapple

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Full Name:Joseph M. Nunes

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:20 AM

Just picked up the Revell '32 Ford 5-Window Coupe at Michaels with the 40% off coupon (knocked $10.00 off price) and this is one VERY NICE kit! The white molded plastic parts look clean and there is very little flash on anything. Parts are all bagged. Three chrome trees with lots of goodies, a real cool decal sheet and 4 soft rubber tires (which should have been bagged..I placed 'em in a snack baggie). It's interesting to note that this kit is 1/25 as is the old AMT kit but the roof area and side surface area are larger. I compared the two bodies and they match at the lower rear and cowl width. This is going to be one real nice kit to build.

Joe

#145 Eshaver

Eshaver

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,972 posts
  • Full Name:Ellen Shaver

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:32 PM

If you look a " Real " 1932, note the fact that the body actually has the correct proportions . The A M T body has always been a "Sectioned and slightly Chopped green house ". All one has to do is compare the Revell, formerly Monogram 1930 Model A coupe . The green houses are supposed to look that way ! Now I know Im commiting a grevious crime here but I shall be converting my 1932 Five window to a , GASP - Agggghhh Stocker ! Look , I don't build model hotrods . I built 1-1 hotrods for well heeled clients for years ....... Ed Shaver
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Eshaver, 07 March 2010 - 01:33 PM.

#146 rhoadapple

rhoadapple

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:28 PM

Yepper, Ed, I've been aware of the "sectioned/chopped" AMT look for many years. Guess what I was saying is that until I actually compared the two 5-window bodies today (AMT and Revell) I didn't realize just how much the difference really is. First thing that came to my mind was to do the rod look with the AMT body 'cause I like it that way and do a nice stock looker with the Revell body. Anyway...Revell has a true winner with this kit. Just went back over the kit trees and I am impressed with how clean they are.

Joe

#147 rhoadapple

rhoadapple

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:52 AM

Can anyone tell me if the flattie in this kit is the same one that was offered in Revells '40 Ford Conv. Street Rod? I don't have the '40 Ford kit to compare. Thanks.

Joe

#148 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,366 posts
  • Full Name:-Chris

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:14 AM

Hey Joe.... I have this same kit and it doesn't have the flathead engine in it. but i also have Revell's '32 sedan kit which it is identical to the 5 window kit and this one has the flathead in it. They are both very nice kits. I have the '32 5 window that I am building as a rat rod project. there's a thread I started in on the workbench and Hopefully I will get back to working on that kit now that I finished up a different one

#149 rhoadapple

rhoadapple

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:48 AM

Hey Joe.... I have this same kit and it doesn't have the flathead engine in it. but i also have Revell's '32 sedan kit which it is identical to the 5 window kit and this one has the flathead in it. They are both very nice kits. I have the '32 5 window that I am building as a rat rod project. there's a thread I started in on the workbench and Hopefully I will get back to working on that kit now that I finished up a different one

Man, I hate it when I...muck up like that!!!! I had both the Revell '32 Sedan and the Revell '32 5-window out and was looking at the sedan kit parts, glanced at the new '32 5-window box and thought about that MCM '40 Ford Street Rod article Tim Boyd wrote. Thanks for setting me straight...and doing it in a nice way, my friend. Just goes to show that at 60 I can't be thinking about three things at once ;^)

Joe

Edited by rhoadapple, 09 March 2010 - 11:50 AM.

#150 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:14 PM

Man, I hate it when I...muck up like that!!!! I had both the Revell '32 Sedan and the Revell '32 5-window out and was looking at the sedan kit parts, glanced at the new '32 5-window box and thought about that MCM '40 Ford Street Rod article Tim Boyd wrote. Thanks for setting me straight...and doing it in a nice way, my friend. Just goes to show that at 60 I can't be thinking about three things at once ;^)

Joe

Joe I have to tell you that I was just like you with the Michaels 40% coupon... every week when I get a sunday paper I cut out the 40% coupon for Michaels cause if I can save some money on a kit I am going to...lol B) the one thing that I have noticed is that the Michaels that I go to here in Arizona only carry Revell kits. Is this the same for everyone else?? I have not noticed any AMT kits from them at all. wish they had more of a selection too :) haha But I can't complain with a few of the revell kits that I have picked up, they have been very nice.

#151 rhoadapple

rhoadapple

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:53 AM

Those 40% off coupons sure do help and yes I check out the paper for them. Michaels used to have some of those Sunday ads in the store on Monday morning but they stopped doing that here. Revell kits are the store offerings but with the new kits coming out, and the use of the coupon, it works out nice. I usually purchase my AMT(Round 2) kits from Tower Hobbies whenever I order R/C items. Pricing is much better than at the LHS for those kits and other brand kits as well. For example: Just bought the Czeck Model Bamboo Bomber (Sky King Songbird) and saved $15 over the LHS price...plus I had free shipping and no 6% sales tax. A real good deal!

Joe

Edited by rhoadapple, 10 March 2010 - 04:54 AM.

#152 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:02 AM

Those 40% off coupons sure do help and yes I check out the paper for them. Michaels used to have some of those Sunday ads in the store on Monday morning but they stopped doing that here. Revell kits are the store offerings but with the new kits coming out, and the use of the coupon, it works out nice. I usually purchase my AMT(Round 2) kits from Tower Hobbies whenever I order R/C items. Pricing is much better than at the LHS for those kits and other brand kits as well. For example: Just bought the Czeck Model Bamboo Bomber (Sky King Songbird) and saved $15 over the LHS price...plus I had free shipping and no 6% sales tax. A real good deal!

Joe

I will have to check Tower Hobbies out for sure and see what they have. Any way of saving some money is this hobby is good isn't it :lol:

#153 rustbucket82

rustbucket82

MCM Regular

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Full Name:Jared Wagner

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

4 years too late don't you think?

#154 Bernard Kron

Bernard Kron

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • Full Name:Bernard Kron

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

Since it was released, and despite the fact that they kept the airbags and Fat Front Tires/Wheels, this kit has become a classic. It's the quintessential parts kit as well as a great build straight out of the box. It looks great as a highboy, chopped, full fendered and any other way you can think of. The hairpins are awesome, the hemi motor very useful and the separate louvered rear deck can be easily adapted to most of the other Revell 1/25th scale Deuces as well as the AMT '29 Ford Model A roadster and the Monogram '31 Ford Model A 5-window. The interior comes in 2 "flavors" and the '40 Ford dash and steering wheel can be easily adapted to other Deuces. Big ThumbsUpz to Revell! And a big thanx to Casey for the detail shots of the kit trees!

Edited by Bernard Kron, 03 May 2013 - 06:28 PM.

#155 zenrat

zenrat

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Full Name:Fred Maillardet

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

You mean the "Hemi" motor?

It's OK apart from what they did to the port spacing on the headers.  I'm guessing they were made that way to avoid royalty issues?

I do like that they put the injection parts back in for the 5.0 motor.

#156 Quick GMC

Quick GMC

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts
  • Full Name:Cameron DeMille

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

I took the 5.0 out of this to use for my 93 Cobra. Cone K&N style intake, FORD logo'd trans pan, logo's intake manifold etc. It's a great parts car or builder