Model Cars Magazine Forum

Perry's Resin

Hi has anybody got any orders from Perrys in the last couple of weeks.I put an order in last Oct/2008 I got one e mail from him telling me he got the check and I have sent at lest 6 or 7 more and no reply I know this iis not like them I have got a lot of items from them in the past and it only took 3 to 5 weeks has something happen to them? help. :unsure:

I was in Randy's hobby shop last weekend and he was saying that he is way behind on orders. But don't worry he's working hard to get the orders out. Now I just wish he'll finish casting my 333 SP. I've been waiting a little over a year for it.

I'VE BEEN WAITING FIVE YEARS FOR MINE!!!!

Just kidding (It's only been six years)

Seriously, Randy is doing what most of us only dream we could do.

I give that guy (and friend) credit!

Now, Randy, where's my 333?????

• 3 weeks later...

Has he lifted his ban on not selling small parts yet except over the counter? Emails are scarce right now from him and I tried to wait a month for a couple email replies but had to go elsewhere as I was in desperate need of a few parts. If anyone local to his store would want to mail some stuff, let me know and I will work out something with you. I need at least 10 of his old school pro stock hoods.

• 1 year later...

I placed an order with Perry's Resin last November (2009) Was told 4-6 weeks. Going on 7 months now! (I should have learned from my first experience). Won't answer my 6 or 7 e-mails I've sent, although I e-mailed "him" from another of my e-mail addresses and asked about "an order" and how long it would take and guess what? Received a reply same day! What's up with this dude?

I experienced a very long delay with Perry's years ago, and because of it have not ordered again. It took the help of some Canadian modelers that had contact with Randy to finally free up the product, all of which was being sold at shows during the 11 months I waited.

However, the silver lining was that the product I got was superb. With all of the Perry's delivery delay stories I've read online...and there have been many...I've never heard of anyone who didn't eventually get what they ordered. The wait times, and the lengths people had to go to to get it may have been absurd, but eventually it seems people get what they ordered.

No question on the quality. He's got great stuff. When I ordered though, I told him I needed the stuff pretty quick and he responded that "he'd start ot get it cast" for me. Again, that was November '09 and the last contact to me (regarding that order, lol)!

I experienced a very long delay with Perry's years ago, and because of it have not ordered again.

Same experience here - took over nine months and too many emails to count to get two pairs of tires. I swore I'd never fall into that trap again, and I haven't. I have bought some Perry's stuff since then but only through other vendors. As mentioned above, it's a real shame because Randy makes some of the nicer resin on the market. There used to be a couple guys who sold his stuff - one fellow in Houston with whom I've lost contact, and Bud Lefevre was a vendor of Perry's stuff before his untimely demise (RIP, Bud).

Yet another story of a great resin caster who has let bad customer service tarnish his product and cost him business! I know there are several things that they offer that I want but have not ordered for the reasons stated in this post.

For what it is worth, Randy was scaling back his resin business as he has opened a brick & mortar hobby shop. That doesn't excuse him from not replying to messages or updating his website/online store, just gives you some insight.

Sure hope he gets things worked out, I would love to drop over $100 on a few of his things.

Yet another story of a great resin caster who has let bad customer service tarnish his product and cost him business! I know there are several things that they offer that I want but have not ordered for the reasons stated in this post.

For what it is worth, Randy was scaling back his resin business as he has opened a brick & mortar hobby shop. That doesn't excuse him from not replying to messages or updating his website/online store, just gives you some insight.

Sure hope he gets things worked out, I would love to drop over $100 on a few of his things.

I'll be carrying Perry's Resin again on my website and at shows in the Southwest US. The site is a work in progress so bear with me while I add more product as time permits.

Richard Shouse

RCS Motorsport Models of Texas

www.rcsmotorsport.com

I'll be carrying Perry's Resin again on my website and at shows in the Southwest US. The site is a work in progress so bear with me while I add more product as time permits.

Richard Shouse

RCS Motorsport Models of Texas

www.rcsmotorsport.com

Great news, Richard - you can count on my business!

Guest Chris V

It's a shame that turnover-times are so slow because all of the products I've bought from Randy have been first class...

Edited by Chris V

I've had my eye on his Anglia chassis for a couple of years, but after hearing all the horror tales about how long it takes to get stuff out, I doubt I'll ever buy it.

Really- what's so hard about putting something in a box, writing and adress on it, and sending it on its merry way... even if you DID have to cast iit first?

The mans reputation is legendary in this hobby. One of my personal goals in life is to avoid as much stress as I can, as I cannot avoid all of it. Based on what I have gone through, I will never deal with him via mail order again. He makes good stuff tho, so I will only buy it if it is right there in front of me. But to mail order? No way.

Guest Chris V

Though many people have bad experiences with the delivery-times, I have never heard of anyone who didn't eventually get the stuff that they'd ordered.

I'm still thinking about ordering one of his GMC Top-Kick conversions for an insane project, that's been brewing in the back of my head for a while...

Really- what's so hard about putting something in a box, writing and adress on it, and sending it on its merry way... even if you DID have to cast iit first?

Rollercoaster ride may only take a couple minutes, but becomes a 2 hour wait to ride it when 1000 people show up for the ride.

Though I have had the same experiences with Randy, in the end I am confident everyone gets their product. While I do not quite classify this necessarily with "bad customer service", a simple notification of wait time would be sufficient for me. No problem waiting for quality as I have plenty of boxes of garbage that has come right away. This man is not slow because his product is sub par, on the contrary he is overwhelmed because he is that good. I too though have resulted to waiting most the time for a show to find a vendor to get the products on the spot if at all possible.